North Point Hospitality Group
Food & Lodging
Position Description / Responsibilities
Summary: We are caring. We are hosts. We delight. We are professionals. At North Point Hospitality (NPH), we serve our guests and each other with enthusiasm and warmth. We are dedicated professionals and we reflect the tradition of hospitality excellence. As part of our team, the Night Auditor will work on a rotating basis in some or all of the areas of the Front Office, including Reception, Cashier, Telephone and Accounting. He/she will respond to guest needs and take appropriate action to ensure a positive guest experience.
•Checks out guests and settles accounts
•Provides general information to guests (i.e. directions, restaurant hours etc.)
•Balances and audits all Front Office postings and settlements
•Updates daily checklist and guest history
•Balances all credit cards, direct bills, and miscellaneous charges from all shifts
•Closes the food and beverage point of sale system and balances all room charges from outlets
•Starts close-out process; prints and distributes Night Audit Report Packets
•Consistently provides exceptional customer service by exceeding guests expectations
•Takes ownership of all guest complaints and rectifies the complaints quickly and efficiently
•Communicates information regarding guests’ needs to other team members and departments
Office work environment requiring business-casual or uniform dress; high level of verbal and written communication required with both internal and external customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Frequent use requiring close vision, repetitive motion; bending; frequent standing, walking, reaching, occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. Employee may be required to stand up to 8 hours.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in hospitality, customer service or similar environment; hotel experience desired
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Window Applications
- Hospitable approach to both external and internal customers
- Strong command of math skills
- Accuracy/Attention detail
- Time Management
- Problem solving
- Ethical Practice/ proper handling of sensitive information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Night Auditor- Marriott Tri-brand, Nashville