Office Administrative Assistant
Tennesseans for Student Success
HR, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
POSITION OVERVIEW The Office Administrative Assistant provides support to the Director of Operations and president & CEO that includes scheduling, office logistical management, and other essential duties to ensure effective and focused operations. The Office Administrative Assistant serves as the point of contact for internal and external scheduling and relationship management for the president & CEO and organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts and executes special projects as needed.
The Office Administrative Assistant must be a detail-oriented self-starter and enjoy working within a small, mission-driven environment. The ideal candidate must exercise good judgment in a variety of complex situations, have strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills. He or she must be able to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Office Administrative Assistant must be able to work independently on projects from conception to completion and must be able to work under pressure at times and manage a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
RESPONSIBILITIES The Office Administrative Assistant will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Monitor incoming task request for the president & CEO, working closely with him to keep up with priorities and deadlines as they fluctuate based on the needs of the organization and progress from key partners
- Manage all incoming and outgoing scheduling requests along with an “Ideal Week” to keep calendars updated with a complete and accurate picture of daily meetings, appointments, and protected focus time
- Ensure all scheduled meetings have a prepared agenda, location, and any related resources ready and available before the meeting begins
- Submit monthly report of all expenses to the Director of Operations and assist the Director of Operations with updating financial projections
- Maintain office efficiencies including regularly checking the mail and ensuring supplies and common areas are stocked and prepared for meetings
- Coordinate with Director of Operations to function as a contact person with outside vendors
- Assist with other special projects as needed
Education: Associate’s degree in business or related field.
Experience: At least two (2) years supporting c-suite executives.
Physical: Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods.
Job Type: Part-Time, Hourly
Travel: Less than 15%. Available to attend events and meetings outside regular work hours.
To apply, please submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume.
- A writing sample (memo, presentation, or other material) like that which may be produced in this job. The sample should reflect your analytical, research, and communication skills.