Officer (Airport Police) - TN POST Certification Required
Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority - Nashville, TN
Transportation & Utilities , Security
Position Description / Responsibilities
Application Deadline: Thursday, April 29, 2021
The Officer (Airport Police) is responsible for protecting the life and property of the general public within MNAA's jurisdiction by recognizing and reporting unsafe conditions, actions, or environmental hazards. Other responsibilities include operating Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF) vehicles including firefighting mechanisms and performing vehicular and pedestrian traffic control.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures strict compliance with MNAA and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) standard operations, policies and procedures.
- Ensures utilizations, reports, and training records are properly logged.
- Serves as first responder for medical emergencies.
- Upholds the laws of the United States and the State of Tennessee.
- Handles police responsibilities for traffic crashes, moving citations, traffic control, and emergency calls.
- Investigates reported crimes, obtains arrest warrants, makes arrests, and apprehends suspects as necessary.
- Sweeps concourses for prohibited items such as explosives or dangerous weapons.
- Answers calls, including medical, unattended bag, water and fire alarms, and door alarms.
- Patrols terminal, parking lots, and perimeter fence looking for suspicious activity and unsecured areas.
- Responds to aircraft emergencies, including plane crashes, fuel spills, and aircraft escorts.
- Responds to malfunctions in perimeter fence gates.
- Works with other agencies’ warrants in other counties or states.
- Identifies environmental hazards and addresses in accordance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
- Operates ARFF vehicles, including the firefighting mechanisms.
- Performs vehicular and pedestrian traffic control.
- Helps individuals in need, including finding shelter for the homeless and transporting individuals to mental health facilities when necessary.
- Conducts disaster exercise training.
- Serves as airport swat team operator on actions such as drug busts and presidential details.
- Maintains regular and on-time attendance.
- Follows all safety regulations.
- Supports MNAA’s commitment to its culture and values, including Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence (RISE).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma - Required
Tennessee Peace Officer Standards Training (POST) Certification - Required
Apply by visiting: https://recruiting2.ultipro.co...