On-Air / Commercial Traffic
Lightning 100 / WRLT
Arts, Entertainment & Media
Position Description / Responsibilities
Lightning 100 is Nashville’s Independent Radio Station (WRLT 100.1 FM). Our mission is to be Nashville’s “lifestyle” AAA music station by connecting listeners with local, national, and emerging artists, events, businesses, non-profits, and concerts. We are not just a radio station–our product offerings include WRLT-FM, events, concerts, Live On The Green Music Festival, adventure club, on-demand video/audio, and much more.
We continue to grow in these areas and wish to fill a full-time On-Air/Commercial Traffic position. We are seeking a creative, technically savvy, hard-working, team oriented person with the skills needed to successfully navigate multiple functions. The ideal candidate comes from a similar station/company where their unique skills have been successfully utilized across multiple departments.
We are seeking someone with at least three years of relevant experience in the following areas:
- Production Studio – imaging production, commercial production, podcasting, creative writing, and directing voice talent with Pro-tools proficiency for quick turn-around times. Expectations: One who can remain cool, calm, and collected in high stress studio and on-location recording situations capturing live performances of some of today’s most talented Triple A acts.
- On-air Personality – Live & voice tracked; ability to prepare, produce, conduct, and edit meaningful and interesting recorded or live interviews; proven social media competence to promote your brand as well as the company brand. Expectations: AAA music knowledge a must; Pro-Tools proficiency; and ENCO/DADS or equivalent system experience preferred. Knowledge of or a desire to learn the local Nashville music scene.
- Traffic (Commercial) – Virtual Traffic system (or similar automated broadcast traffic system) Client contract order input, log maintenance/reconciliation, production and affidavit completion.
- Live Events – On stage host, working the sound and remote broadcast board, as well as general “behind the scenes” event production work. Expectations: Can enhance our weekly, monthly and flagship events with promotional and brand ambassador presence via personal appearances and social media.
- Interactive/On-demand audio/video – Creation, production, and distribution of compelling music centric content.
To apply, please submit current resume, cover letter, and other additions that highlight your accomplishments in the areas detailed above (air-checks, samples of show production, self-authored/produced commercials & imaging, creative writing samples, social media posts, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “On-Air/Commercial Traffic Postion”. Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information on our company, please visit Lightning100.com