Nashville Downtown Hostel
Food & Lodging
Position Description / Responsibilities
Train, supervise, and evaluate staff in the areas of guest services, housekeeping and maintenance. You manage the day-to-day activity of our hostel and vacation rental business, as well as take a leading role in creating systems to improve our operation and foster a unique travel experience for our guests.
- Managing individual and group reservations by telephone, e-mail, and an online property management system in an accurate and efficient manner. You should be confident in your ability multi-task administrative work with customer service work.
- Ensuring accurate notations and billings of all guest accounts, staff cash registers, bank deposits, and payroll reports. A good portion of a manager's time is spent working with financials, spreadsheets, and accounting.
- Overseeing the yield management process by monitoring room inventory, optimizing occupancy, and maximizing room revenue.
- Overseeing a consistently high level of cleanliness for sleeping quarters, bathrooms, reception area, and common areas by our housekeeping staff.
- Applying analytical problem-solving skills for assessing maintenance, HR, marketing, and project-management issues.
- Understand staffing and scheduling needs and properly coordinating hiring, on-boarding, scheduling, and training staff to ensure a consistent level of quality service.
- Facilitating a fun and welcoming atmosphere that guarantees a quality Nashville experience.
- Welcoming and orienting guests and business partners with information about our facility, location, and business goals.
- Ensuring the timely and thorough completion of all staff and supervisor tasks, and providing routine training and evaluation on employee performance.
- Maintaining consistent staff briefings, weekly manager meetings, and monthly staff/supervisor meetings to ensure a consistent and effective flow of information within the hostel.
- Being the voice for the operation of our downtown location to other managers, support staff, and owners.
- Supporting staff in maintaining security and establishing and enforcing hostel policies.
- Managing social media presence and other online review sites.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or related hospitality management experience and/or training.
- Your verbal and written communication skills are excellent. Formulating professional responses to online reviews, unusual email requests, or problems is an exciting challenge.
- Ability to foster a positive work atmosphere and manage varying levels of maturity and professionalism from staff and supervisors.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and work independently to manage your workload.
- Proven conflict resolution skills and ability to control difficult situations and personalities requiring management or law enforcement intervention.
- Domestic and/or International travel and hostel-stay or vacation rental experience is a must.
- Experience with Google Docs, spreadsheets, AirBnb, Property Management Softwares (we use GuestCentrix, AirBnb, Booking.com, and Siteminder) is a plus
- Experience in college dormitory, summer camp, hotel, or hostel operations is a plus.
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as schedule requires.
You can view more job details via our website.
For employment consideration, please submit an introduction email along with resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.