Paraprofessional, Explore! Community School Nashville
Martha O'Bryan Center
Family Services/Human Services/Behavioral Health
Position Description / Responsibilities
In accordance with the Explore! Community School mission and values, Paraprofessionals work directly with classroom teachers to assist with implementation of supports and services provided. Collaborate with teachers and students in a variety of tasks related to academic, behavior and physical logistics. Coach and Encourage students to actively engage in the learning process and become more independent.
- Provides small group instruction under the guidance and supervision of certificated personnel.
- Implements students IEPs, safety plans, and/or behavior intervention plans.
- Facilities and models appropriate social interactions and behaviors among students.
- Monitors, collects and records students’ behavioral and/or academic performance as directed by the Exceptional Education and/or General Education Teacher.
- Helps students develop productive learning and studying habits.
- Participates in professional development opportunities and professional learning communities (where available).
- Supervises children during meal times, transition times, and other miscellaneous events such as school assemblies or recess times.
- Demonstrated ability to work with children in developmentally appropriate and kind ways
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team with a commitment to his/her own learning and professional development
- Capability to nurture students and work collaboratively with families
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Additional skills that enhance students’ academic experience (e.g. multi-lingual, musician, carpentry, knock-knock jokes, etc.) are highly sought
Click HERE to apply.