Part-time Instructional Coordinators
Junior Achievement of Middle Tennessee
120 Powell Place Nashville, TN 37204
Community & Nonprofit , Education, Training & Library
Position Description / Responsibilities
Junior Achievement (JA) of Middle TN is currently seeking a team of high energy, proactive, detail-orientated individuals to serve as part-time Instructional Coordinators in JA BizTown, JA Finance Park and as part of JA STEM Summits during the school year. These positions are directly involved in the mission of JA: to empower young people to own their economic success.
JA BizTown is an experiential curriculum incorporating elements of work readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy, utilized by schools to provide students in 4th -6th grade a solid foundation of business, economics and free enterprise education. The program culminates with a 5 hour visit to an indoor mini-city in which students operate 14 businesses as consumers and producers in a free enterprise economy simulation.
JA Finance Park is a capstone program for personal financial planning and career exploration for students in 7th -12th grades. The program culminates in a simulation where students engage with volunteers and put into practice what they’ve learned by developing a personal budget for a life scenario they are given.
JA STEM Summit is a day long program designed for 7th -10th grade students. This program takes place at a school or college location where students participate in sessions with science experiments, technology, engineering, math competitions, and trades modules.
The positions will support and assist with the implementation of student, educator and volunteer activities, including:
• Maintaining the overall instructional excellence of the experiential program on a continuous basis;
• Assisting with the necessary set up of the JA BizTown and/or JA Finance Park facility for student visits;
• Assisting with the running of activities during the JA BizTown and/or JA Finance Park visit at the JA facility, including hands on instruction with the students, training of volunteers and interaction with teachers;
• Assisting with the set up for, running of activities, training of volunteers and facilitation of sessions for JA STEM Summit events at school or college locations.
The successful applicants will have excellent communication and customer service skills as well as demonstrated experience of working well in a team. Computer competency, evidence of problem-solving skills and the ability to work with school-age students in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment is required along with an ability to lift 50lbs. Addressing groups of up to 150 students and adults will also be required at times.
• Must be detail orientated, organized and enthusiastic,
• Must have outstanding communication skills,
• Must be flexible, able to manage multiple projects at once and function effectively under pressure,
• Must have a professional attitude and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment,
• Must have excellent computer literacy
• Must have past experience working with school aged students
Education: Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Please send resume with cover letter to email@example.com.