Part-Time Reconnect Advisor
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
Community & Nonprofit , Education, Training & Library
Position Description / Responsibilities
Middle Tennessee Reconnect Community Advisors serve as guides to our clients, helping them understand their options, form and follow a plan to re-enroll and complete college. Reconnect Advisors work closely with specialists at partner colleges to help clients succeed. Reconnect Advisors use technology as well as in-person meetings to achieve their goals. Advisors must have a proven record of commitment to promoting student success to improve the economic and civic well-being of individuals and communities. Advisors must also have a high level of energy and a positive attitude toward work and others. Local travel required throughout ten counties in the Middle Tennessee Reconnect Community. Hours will sometimes be spent on-site at Reconnect community advisement locations. Work hours may include some evenings and occasional weekends.
This is a one-year position, funded through June 30, 2019.
A. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor (BA, BS, etc.) required in related field (higher education administration, counseling, social work, etc.), Master’s degree preferred.
• 2 - 5 years demonstrated experience in counseling, social work and/or college or career advising.
• Proven performance based on results and metrics, and close adherence to schedules and commitments.
• Experiential or professional understanding of academic and non-academic issues surrounding adult learners and specifically adult college students.
• An understanding of college admissions, academic advising, transcript analysis, and financial aid as they pertain to adult students is a plus.
• Ability to provide developmental advising to adult students and encourage outcomes-directed solutions is a plus.
• Ability to work with individuals with various values, lifestyles, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds.
• Knowledge of the Middle Tennessee region, community-based organizations, and organizations in the region related to educational attainment and student success preferred
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please use TN Reconnect PT Advisor in the subject line.
No phone inquiries.