Community & Nonprofit
Position Description / Responsibilities
Job Title: Partnership Manager
Reports to: Vice President, Partnerships & Programs
Potential to Supervise: Reading Clinic Coordinators, volunteers and interns
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is responsible for managing and directing all phases of PENCIL Partnerships and other PENCIL-related volunteer programs within a quadrant of Metro Nashville Public Schools. A primary focus is the onboarding of new community Partners and volunteers and ongoing successful relationship management with existing constituents (businesses, volunteers, faith-based organizations, etc.) across all grade levels.
A primary goal of this position is to assure the productive engagement of business and civic Partners with MNPS schools in order to increase the academic success of students while supporting school staff and strategic plan objectives.
The Partnership Manager will play a significant role in successfully fulfilling the specific outcomes and objectives identified in PENCIL’s annual strategic plan.
1. Serve as the primary account manager for PENCIL Partnerships; ensure that all partners are successfully navigated through the PENCIL Partner continuum; personally contact Partners on a regular basis to assure their satisfaction with their PENCIL experience. Expected specific engagement metrics are:
a. Partners receive:
i. 6 emails per year (3 mass emails/3 personalized emails)
ii. 4 phone calls per year (status checks)
iii. 2 in-person visits per year (at least 1 at their office)
b. Schools receive
i. 3 emails per year (2 personalized)
ii. 2 phone calls per year (status checks)
iii. 1 in-person visits per year (without a Partner; strictly focused on the school)
2. Build strong working relationships with MNPS administrators, school principals, academy coaches and teachers through ongoing communications and collaborative initiatives; ensure continuous collaboration between PENCIL and MNPS district executive leadership, specifically with the four Community Superintendents; align Partnership engagement with MNPS strategic initiatives.
3. Document all activities in the designated customer relationship management tool (Sales Force) in a timely, accurate and complete manner to assure a full picture of the partnership is up to date at all times.
4. Engage with partners to assure their participation in online data collection by providing training, encouragement and positive reinforcement.
5. Research, identify and follow up on potential partnership prospects.
6. Work collaboratively and proactively with PENCIL’s marketing and communications team to assure Partners are both receiving appropriate amounts of information and are being recognized by PENCIL
7. Develop and provide PENCIL Partner professional development and networking opportunities with peers on the Partnership team
8. Provide support and input for grant applications and grant reports, taking the lead when appropriate
9. Performs other functions as assigned.
o EDUCATION- Bachelor’s Degree is required; preferably in education, psychology, communications, business, marketing or public relations
o Exceptional written and oral communication skills are required.
o Exceptionally strong inter-personal skills, including the ability to read and respond to body language and a wide range of personality types and backgrounds.
o Must be comfortable, confident and outgoing in social settings.
o Able to work independently and proactively without daily instruction, but must also be an engaged and participatory member of the larger team and have strong conflict resolution skills.
o Creative and able to problem solve, set and accomplish goals, and meet deadlines.
o Organized and able to keep accurate and detailed documentation.
o Intermediate computer skills essential, including a working knowledge of Salesforce, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
o A bilingual professional is preferred but not required
o EXPERIENCE - Minimum of two years of successful experience in volunteer management, customer relations and/or community relations; Minimum of one-year management experience, preferably supervising a team of professionals. Minimum of one-year experience working with school administrators and staff is highly preferred
Environmental Conditions & Physical Demands:
• Must be able to travel to schools and Partners on a daily basis; local travel is extensive and reliable, daily transportation is necessary
• Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance.
Work schedule/hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., with occasional evening and weekend hours for special events.
Pay Range: $38,000 - $43,000 annual equivalent salary
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com