Patient Care Coordinator
Interfaith Dental Clinic
Community & Nonprofit
Position Description / Responsibilities
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Interfaith Dental Clinic is seeking a Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) at our Murfreesboro location. The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for greeting patients, answering the phones, completing administrative processing and recordkeeping. The PCC will be able to answer questions regarding our programs and demonstrate excellent customer service. This position reports to the IFDC Rutherford Clinic Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Greets, welcomes and assists all patients.
• Answers incoming calls and provides assistance, routes calls as appropriate, or provides information to the caller, as needed.
• Checks patients in and out for appointments properly:
o Verify address, phone number, any other necessary documentation, and entering patient data when necessary;
o Ensure scanned copies of medical and dental insurance cards and other documents are in computer systems;
o Collecting any pre-payments;
o Maintaining an accurate ledger;
o Collecting payments and recording proper adjustments; and
o Following up on patient payment plans.
• Maintains accurate and complete patient records.
• Effectively navigates patients (phone calls and walk-ins) who are not a fit for our program into other programs to help them achieve their dental goals.
• Follows established procedures for opening and closing the clinic each day.
• Maintains reception area and bathrooms.
• Promotes hospitality and respect for all patients.
• Provides compassionate care for all in accordance with our mission.
• Other duties as required.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Demonstrated use of proper grammar and professionalism in speech and writing.
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to effectively and respectfully interact with patients and coworkers.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure, and prioritize workload.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in reception or patient care required.
• Dental office background and/or experience preferred.
All interested candidates should submit a current resume and a cover letter to email@example.com expressing interest in and fit for the position.
The mission of Interfaith Dental Clinic is to create a healthier community by providing transformational oral health care for those experiencing poverty.