Payroll Accountant (Part-Time)
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
Community & Nonprofit , Finance & Accounting
Position Description / Responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Accounting Manager, this part-time position performs general accounting payroll functions of the Chamber. This position is responsible for the semi-monthly payroll processing and benefit processing with outside service providers. The position performs various financial transactions processing, including recording general ledger entries and reconciling IRS reports with company records.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for preparing and recording financial transactions, as needed.
- Maintains accurate records and supporting documentation for all transactions in accordance with federal laws and regulations and GAAP.
- Prepares, analyzes and makes adjusting entries to monthly General Ledger, as needed.
- Prepare, reconcile, analyze, and remit the benefit deductions and the employer portion of the employee benefits in accordance with the policies and procedures.
- Responsible for accurate processing and reporting of semi-monthly payroll and making any necessary changes. Determine and implement proper taxation of all employer paid benefits.
- Maintains confidentially of payroll and financial records
- Manages daily payments into the CRS software. Acts as a backup for depositing funds.
- Provides internal customer support for employees around benefits and payroll questions.
- Other accounting duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- College degree is preferred.
- Experience with payroll processing software and/or financial accounting software.
- Requires a minimum of two-three years’ experience in Payroll Processing.
- Some varying transactional accounting experience.
- Non-profit experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to deal with difficult, sensitive and confidential issues.
- Strong & proven detail-oriented skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective communications skills
- Basic accounting skills preferred.
- Expertise in PC software and Excel spreadsheet applications.
- Maintain confidentiality of payroll and financial records.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Payroll Accountant."