PHYSICIAN-PSYCHIATRIC INSTITUTION CLINICAL DIRECTOR – EXECUTIVE
State of Tennessee
Memphis, TN (Shelby County)
Business & Professional Services , Government , Health Care , Mental Health
Position Description / Responsibilities
Who we are and what we do:
The Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (DMHSAS) is charged with planning for and promoting an array of services from prevention and early intervention to resiliency and recovery. The Department oversees four Regional Mental Health Institutes (RMHIs) and contracts with mental health and substance abuse community providers across the state to offer services to Tennesseans. The Department manages a budget of more than $500 million, with funding from dedicated fees, revenue, federal grants, and state general fund appropriations.
Memphis Mental Health Institute (MMHI) is a Joint Commission accredited psychiatric hospital that has been serving the Memphis community since 1962. Hospitalizations are typically on an involuntary basis and patients can also be referred by the court system for pre-trial evaluations. The hospital offers 2 short-term care units for a total of 55 beds. The mission of Memphis Mental Health Institute is to provide a therapeutic environment centered on compassion and quality care for each individual we serve. It is the vision of MMHI to be recognized for providing person-centered psychiatric care in a therapeutic, supportive, and compassionate inpatient environment.
How you make a difference in this role:
Memphis Mental Health Institute (MMHI) is looking for a Director of Clinical Services to provide overall direction, consultation and support of all clinical areas including psychiatry, medical, laboratory, and pharmacy. The ideal candidate will be Board Certified in Adult Psychiatry and have a passion for serving individuals with complex psychiatric and addiction issues. The position is based in Memphis, TN and reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Supervision of Staff
- Develops job performance plans for assigned team members to communicate responsibilities and expected outcomes of performance in their role.
- Conducts meetings and coordinates task assignments of meeting participants to ensure that objectives are accomplished.
- Assesses the performance of assigned team members, following established procedures for interim and annual performance evaluations, to provide constructive feedback and recommendations for improvement.
- Conducts interviews of job candidates to gather information needed to make promotional or hiring decisions.
- Provides on-the-job training and performance feedback to assigned team members as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities The candidate should have proven experience in successfully initiating and sustaining multi-agency and multi-community policy, system, and environmental change strategies and demonstrate a working knowledge of persons with complex psychiatric and addiction issues. They must have skills in networking among a diverse group of agencies and organizations with effective communication skills and adept at dealing with people at various levels within the organization as well as external stakeholders and leaders. Management skills are important with the ability to coach and mentor a team with diverse levels of expertise.
- Adult Psychiatry Board Certified
- Licensed to practice medicine in Tennessee
- 3-5 yrs. experience in Clinical Supervision
For more information and to apply go to: https://lnkd.in/ejkvzMN (Search Job# 22676)