Metro Nashville Police Department
Law Enforcement / Probation / Parole
Position Description / Responsibilities
This classification spends considerable time in a classroom environment and requires some physical exertion such as running, walking, climbing, bending, stooping, stretching, or similar activities.
Completes a basic training program that consists of courses in criminal law, firearms training, physical training, first aid, traffic accident investigation, traffic law enforcement, human relations, crime scene research, riot control, patrol procedures, departmental policies, report writing, and other related areas.
The Metro Nashville Police Department is a 24/7 operation. Employees must be able to work any day and/or shift, as needed.
- At least sixty (60) semester hours of course work from an accredited college or university with an overall G.P.A. of 2.0 ("C" average) or above
*** OR ***
- High school diploma or GED plus one of the following:
* at least two (2) years active military duty (Honorable Discharge)
* at least two (2) years as a full-time, certified (Tennessee P.O.S.T. Certification or equivalent State certification) active law enforcement officer
* three (3) years responsible, full-time work experience
*** No Other Substitutions ***
NOTE: Once hired, employees are required to successfully complete the Metro Nashville Police Training Academy.
Apply at www.JoinMNPD.com