Procurement Associate / Inventory Management Associate
Position Description / Responsibilities
NomNomNow is an exciting startup that cooks and delivers fresh, healthy dog and cat food to customers across the United States. Using a direct-to-consumer subscription we send customers fresh and healthy pet food each week. Our recipes are designed by one of the country’s leading veterinary nutritionists, and customers are raving about the improvements they’re seeing in their pets’ health and wellness.
Are you self-motivated? Do you love analyzing data and numbers using technology? Do you enjoy managing relationships? Are you an excellent communicator? Do you care about pets and the health of our pet community?
We are looking for an experienced Procurement Associateto join our operations team in East Nashville and manage the company’s inventory of raw products. The Procurement Associate's main responsibilities is to work with the Procurement Manager to build a scalable procurement process, work with the inventory management team in all facilities, and systematically drive down inventory and procurement costs.
What You’ll Do:
- 80-90%: Transactional work to execute the ordering of necessary goods and services.
- Manage Inventory Levels: Keep your finger on the pulse of what is required to keep production flow smooth.
- Proactively Communicate: Manage our vendor relationships and consistently seek out better partnerships.
- Clearly Manage New and Existing Processes: Ensure clear and concise communication between our California and Tennessee offices promoting homogenous workflow.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Own the accuracy of our inventory management system. Work directly with multi-disciplinary teams to accomplish this goal and collaborate with members to validate execution.
- Lead, Lead, Lead: Confront ambiguity with a proactive response and seek solutions.
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term improvements on procurement costs.
- Work as a member of our operations team to accomplish team goals, whether or not that falls into the specific role of the procurement manager. This means spending a part of your week working out of our manufacturing facilities in addition to our corporate office.
If interested, please send a resume and a concise 2-3 paragraph introduction on why you are a good match for the NomNomNow team, to: email@example.com