Procurement Support Assistant
State of Tennessee
HR, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Department is currently seeking a motivated individual to administrative support to the Central Procurement Office. This person will perform a wide variety of administrative duties to support the overall procurement function including guest reception, learning & development, and various other areas of the office.
- Perform a wide variety of administrative tasks and complex clerical support for the office.
- Maintain files, supplies, inventory and records per established procedures. Provide office reception, provide customer support to both internal & external customers, fulfill public information requests, perform clerical duties, distribute mail, provide assistance with learning & development team and perform any other office management duties as assigned.
- Build and maintain positive relationships and alliances with other governmental entities.
- May serve as a liaison between the CPO and Human Resources to coordinate job postings and scheduling interviews; may also assist with the student internship program, as needed.
- Perform liaison duties by gathering, organizing. Prioritizing, communicating and distributing information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Create spreadsheets, compose correspondence, manage records and create presentations, reports and other documents requiring proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power point.
- Provide assistance to procurement professionals by performing administrative procurement duties in Edison.
- Greet visitors, answer telephones and ensure the proper handling of inquiries and contacts including those from management, agencies, suppliers and the public.
- Provide logistical support to the office as necessary; maintain calendars; schedule meetings and compile correspondence and reservations associated with meetings.
- Completion of an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university; or
- 2 years of experience providing general administrative assistant duties in the private or public sector.
- Experience in an office environment.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Superior organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Apply Here: TN.gov/Careers