Lightning 100 / WRLT
Arts, Entertainment & Media
Position Description / Responsibilities
Lightning 100, Nashville’s Independent Radio, is looking for that rare, imaginative, creative, and technically savvy individual to fill our Production Manager position. We are not only looking for a pro tools guru that is quick with editing, producing commercials and station imaging , but one who can remain cool, calm, and collected in high stress studio and on-location recording situations capturing live performances of some of today’s hottest AAA acts.
The ideal candidate is a team player, has experience in podcast production & distribution, has a great radio voice, and loves music. Special attention given to those with experience in multi-track recording, live sound engineering, on-air hosting, Virtual Traffic System, as well as knowledge of Nashville’s local music landscape.
- Oversees entire radio production department, maintains all production systems, production facilities, production room schedules, and shares quality control of facilities with Systems Engineer.
- Leads production staff, guides and instructs staff on production techniques, including getting new air staff up to speed quickly. Monitors the activities of any other staff members (full-time, part-time, and/or temporary) who may be assigned to the production department.
- Processes all incoming production orders and assigns production to production staff.
- Maintains and updates production master library and production master log.
- Executes or delegates all local spot production, network spot production, barter spot production, recurring syndication promos, station IDs, sweepers, liners, recorded promotional production, and dubbing of any “delayed” programming features (network features, satellite feeds, tape-delivered programming, public service programming, or any other regularly-occurring reports).
- Coordinates processing of all new production with the Traffic Manager to ensure everything is available for the next broadcast day. Consults with Traffic Manager on any production discrepancies.
- Represents the company and the production department as a creative consultant to the stations’ account executives and their clients, assisting both with copywriting, copy approval, and subsequent recorded spot approval. Oversees, executes and/or delegates all client production requests (dubs, special production, etc.)
- Pulls monthly co-op scripts for invoicing by Business Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining the digital archives of produced spots, shows, imaging, recordings of live performances, song library, and any other station produced & recorded audio content.
To apply, please submit current resume, cover letter, samples of show production and self-authored/produced commercials & imaging... and anything else you think would impress us to email@example.com with subject line “Production Manager”.
Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information on our
company, please visit Lightning100.com