Production Manager/Stage Manager
Nashville Repertory Theatre
Position Description / Responsibilities
Purpose of the Role
- To coordinate the operations of all production staff in realizing the vision of the theatre as seen by executive leadership and the vision of each individual production as seen by the creative team of that production. This position reports to the Artistic Director.
- Facilitating communication within and between production departments, administration, artistic staff, and guest artists
- Managing and maintaining production budgets, deadlines, and schedules
- Acting as lead purchaser for the shop
- Maintaining production schedules, including the scheduling and leading of production meetings
- Serving as primary liaison with our main performance venue, the Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC), as well as other venues where we may perform
- Ensuring safety and policy adherence
- Coordinating, or assist with coordinating, all rentals for production departments
- Managing/Supervising all load-ins and load-outs
- Supervising and assisting with hiring seasonal staff members
- Communicating travel needs for visiting creative team members to
- Ensuring compliance with theatre policies by coordinating schedules, maintaining good working relationships, and keeping all rented facilities and equipment in good working condition
- Serving as lead stage manager on selected mainstage productions and supporting visiting stage managers and ASMs.
- Substantial production management and stage management experience in a similar organization or higher ed institution or a combination of experience and education in such
- Exemplary communication, organizational management, planning, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in reading shop drawings and proficiency or be willing to become proficient at contemporary design software, such as AutoCad and VectorWorks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Google docs and sheets, and other leading programs
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until June 21.