Program Support Coordinator
Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
331 Great Circle Road Nashville, TN 37228
Community & Nonprofit
Position Description / Responsibilities
What you’ll do:
Summary: Program Support Coordinator manages food order entry and distribution for specific programs within the Community Impact department as well as providing superior customer service to internal and external customers. This position supports and fosters our deep commitment to diversity and inclusion, which is the foundation for creating a culture of belonging for all personnel.
- Provides customer support to program sites - including order discrepancies, delivery questions, AgencyLink assistance, and filing.
- Places orders for program sites according to schedule, budget, and poundage requirements - including Emergency Food Box, BackPack, School Pantry, Hospital Pantry, Mobile Pantry, Senior Nutrition, Mobile Market, Home Delivery, and Kid’s Cafe.
- Distributes perishable product through appropriate avenues as dictated by inventory and poundage needs - including Mobile Pantry, Combo Routes, Mobile Market, Partner Agency pick-up, and Emergency Food Box.
- Assists with program site monitors - including Emergency Food Box, BackPack, School Pantry, Senior Nutrition, and Kid’s Cafe.
- Processes food assistance requests (phone, website, or walk-in) by directing clients appropriately or securing food internally.
- Covers front desk phone and duties during breaks on designated day.
- Collaborates with internal departments to achieve food distribution goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
When & Where:
- Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm.
- Occasional evenings and/or weekends may be required for meetings or special events.
- Occasional duties may be necessary, as well as responding to issues, outside of normal working hours (e.g., disaster response, community events, etc.).
- Travel: Occasional daytime travel required, up to 15% of work week within the local service area.
- Flexibility: Our flexible work program is a strategic tool to achieve organizational goals, empower employees to do their best work and foster engagement by supporting high performance, business continuity as well as wellbeing and work-life-balance. WorkFlex arrangements are complex, specific to individuals and roles.
- Essential business/ first responder: In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, Second Harvest is typically considered an essential business service and emergency responder. All employees may be required to perform regular or emergent duties on-site. Employee safety is balanced with business and community necessity. Some positions are more likely to be required on-site than others.
Is this you?
- Education: Associate Degree or 2 years related work experience required.
- Experience: 2+ years of experience working in a social services program and/or training.
- Skills & Capabilities:
- Interact with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, program partners, program participants and the public.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel to manage scheduling, communications, and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge to accurately perform basic math.
- Work independently and identify potentially more effective methods of work operation.
- Competencies: Attention to detail, Result orientation and execution, Quality improvement, Customer service Other requirements: Our pre-hire process requires acceptable results from the following: professional reference feedback, criminal background, and Motor Vehicle Record. Current Driver’s License and automobile insurance are also required. Criminal backgrounds are evaluated on a case-by-case basis considering several factors (timing, frequency, severity and job relation).
Think this sounds like a role and workplace where you would thrive? Apply now!
You can express interest in joining our team, in any of the following ways:
- Online: employment application on our website: secondharvestmidtn.org/job-opportunities. Resume and cover letter can be uploaded with applications on the website as well.
- In person: applications can be completed by visiting us on-site at any of our distribution centers, locations can be found on our website: secondharvestmidtn.org/contact.
Thanks for your interest in working for Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee - we love it here and think you will too!