State of Tennessee
Position Description / Responsibilities
As a Programmer/Analyst 4 you will build, test, and deploy innovative software. The team is small which means your contributions will have a big impact on any given project’s success. Your work will be mostly back end and middle tier development. May serve as a technical lead and mentor other developers. Expected to attend daily stand-ups and working remote is not an option.
We are looking for an ambitious problem-solver who values learning, keeps current on technology trends, and enjoys the accountability that is expected from team members.
Specific Position Responsibilities:
· Participate in daily standups
· Develop new software products from the ground up, while working closely with company stakeholders
· Identify, research, and present new solutions to old problems as technology and opportunity arises
· Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
· Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
· Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
Successful candidate will exhibit the following:
· Will learn whatever is necessary to get the job done
· Will write clean, elegant, simple, testable code
· Will commit often, perfect later, push once
· Will take pride in their work
· Will be passionate about software development
· Will want to work with others who do the same
· Will prefer an agile software development lifecycle
· Will have a solid understanding of good software development principles, code quality, code smells, and design patterns
· Has clear and concise communication skills and advanced level of English.
Experience with or willingness to learn the following:
· .NET Core 1.0 & 2.0
· Entity Framework Core 2.0
· Exposure to the Apache stack (Kafka, Spark, etc...) is ideal, but not required.
· Extensive cloud experience preferably in Microsoft Azure.
· Experience utilizing container based delivery strategies (Docker, Kubernetes).
· Solid grasp of an APM tool such as New Relic, Application Insights etc.
· Understanding of the SDLC and Agile development methodology
· Experience with git, VSTS, Continuous Integration, and optionally continuous delivery mechanisms.
· NoSQL experience Couchbase, Redis, Mongo, Dynamo
· RDBMS experience (Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle)
· Demonstrable micro-service/SOA design and implementation experience.
· Understanding of service topology, protocol, security and discovery (SOAP, REST)
· Understanding of multi-threaded and concurrent programming techniques.
· Understanding of enterprise level software design patterns.
· 5-7 years as a .NET focused software engineer.
· Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience at an enterprise level.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.
Please e-mail a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.