Community & Nonprofit
Position Description / Responsibilities
FiftyForward is seeking an energetic, flexible, and enthusiastic team player to join the FiftyForward team as the full-time Programming Assistant/Floater. This is a newly created position offering a unique opportunity to experience the many programs and services provided by FiftyForward while quickly gaining knowledge that would otherwise take years to gain and putting you on the fast track to success.
FiftyForward is about strengthening our community of older adults 50 plus in Middle TN. Every day our team works collaboratively to create innovative programming and services, community partnerships, and equitable access to resources that support, champion, and enhance life for those 50 and older. The Programming Assistant/Floater will temporarily cover positions due to vacancies or short staffing, floating in-between active aging and supportive care departments and locations as needed. The floater will provide assistance to staff members in a variety of programs and with a variety of program activities providing general back-up support as needed.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the program or site staff, assists with daily programming and/or activities including meal prep, activity set-up, crafts, recreation/social activities, health/physical exercise, and trips.
- Encourages and assists program participants including escorting participants to and from activities and transportation, helping them to sign up for activities, distributing meals and snacks, and assisting as needed with meal preparation.
- Performs basic front office and clerical tasks such as answering the phone, greeting members and guests, filing, using multifunction copier/scanner and data entry.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID unless an accommodation is required by law
- Passion for serving people and a willingness to embrace the mission of FiftyForward
- Desire to support equity and inclusion of all individuals
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, shift gears quickly, and go with the flow
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Tendency toward taking action with little planning or prep time, seizing opportunities to take action to help without being asked
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience working with older adults and/or caregiving preferred
- Ability and willingness to obtain CPR/First Aid and ServSafe certification
Go to FiftyForward's Careers page to apply.