Project Manager/Landscape Architect
Architecture & Engineering , Construction & Extraction
Position Description / Responsibilities
Pillars Development is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Project Manager/Landscape Architect. The position will report to the firm’s Principal and work with both the development and project management teams and client(s).
The Project Manager/Landscape Architect (PM/LA) will primarily function as a Project Manager with capabilities and background as a Landscape Architect. This position will assist in leading the project management team throughout all phases of project(s), including planning, predevelopment, design, and construction. The position is responsible for managing the design team, third party consultants, and the contractor/construction manager throughout the construction process and transition into occupancy. Typical duties include: oversight and monitoring day-to-day activities involving project management, design, and construction management; quality control and assurance. Responsibilities also include budgeting, scheduling, organization, and implementation of smaller or related projects. This position will maintain relationships with construction manager personnel, subcontractors, suppliers, specified manufacturers, architects, engineers, city/county/state officials, and representatives for associated parties.
Pillars Development is a multi-faceted company, providing services throughout the development process. While this position will primarily focus on adding capacity to our project management services for clients, it will also lead and support development and design-related services such as site development, take-off and estimation, and production of design-related deliverables.
Potential Projects: Institutional, Higher Education, Civic Infrastructure, Large Civic Special-Use, Multi-Family Residential, Open Space
Estimated Start Date: mid-to-late November 2021
Position Type: Full-Time
- Attend project management, construction, and design meetings as necessary
- Oversee and direct planning and construction projects from conception to completion
- Create/review concept development and schematic design, presentation graphics, including hand rendering and 3D rendering
- Create/review design development and construction documentation for multiple projects simultaneously
- Ensure design specifications are coordinated with drawings
- Oversee permitting process, responding to comments, coordinating with sub-consultants and agency reviewers
- Specify materials, complete takeoffs, review materials needed for estimates and takeoffs, create estimates and proposals
- Measuring and inputting base maps; measuring jobs/site, topography/grades, input measurements and other details
- Review the project in-depth to assess schedule of deliverables and estimated costs
- Keep a working knowledge of specifications and construction methods, as well as reasoning for them
- Oversee all onsite and offsite construction to monitor plan compliance, work quality, and progress
- Tracking of bid packages, change orders; and monitoring of subcontractor and site activity
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Prepare documentation for feasibility studies, bridging documents, programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and project manual/specifications.
- Prepare site plans and landscape plans for various types of projects
- Prepare computer generated renderings and visual communication graphics for presentations and proposals
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and assist in obtaining permits
- Monitor all project activities to analyze, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Conduct onsite inspections, meet with job superintendent to assure adherence to final design plan
- Geotechnical testing and field report tracking
- Review environmental reports on land conditions, constraints, and opportunities.
- Availability for early morning, late evening and weekend construction monitoring
- Mentor and train assistant project managers and interns (if placed)
- Coordinate and inform government agencies and stakeholders as necessary
- Perform duties and responsibilities under the direction of direct supervisors as needed
- Current Registered Landscape Architect (RLA) in the state of Tennessee, or eligible and pursuant of RLA status via exam or comity
- BLA from an accredited landscape architecture or bachelor’s degree in closely related field such as community/urban design, architecture
- 3+ years of professional experience practicing landscape architecture with a focus on site design, planting design and project management for commercial and residential hardscapes, landscapes
- 2+ years of experience as a Project/Construction Manager in the real estate/development or construction-related industries
- Proficiency with creating 2D and 3D renderings, BIM and 3D model. If not included in your resume or cover letter, please include in your application the following listed programs with your proficiency in each, either a) beginner, b) intermediate, or c) advanced
- AutoCAD, Vectorworks Landmark, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Rhino, Lumion or other rendering software, Grasshopper, Revit (preferred), LandFX, Bluebeam Professional Suite
- Experience in producing concept presentations and documentation sets; excellent graphic design and visual simulation skills; ability to convey an idea utilizing hand sketching and graphics
- Strong interest and background in landscaping, hardscape, irrigation, drainage, knowledge of plant materials and horticultural practices
- Appropriate knowledge of engineering disciplines to evaluate and coordinate work done by consultants
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Sustainable accreditation preferred (LEED AP, SITES AP, LFA, EcoDistricts, Envision)
- Team player with excellent communication abilities – oral, written, visual
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications, Adobe Acrobat DC/PDF management, construction management software(s)
- Experience with both in-office and onsite project management
In addition to the duties listed above, it is to be understood that Pillars Development is a community-cultured organization, and that all personnel represent the company in management style, public relations, marketing, and business development ideals and goals. Our firm is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to include:
- Licensure/registration status as Registered Landscape Architect (RLA) in TN or statement of eligibility for registration by exam or comity.
View Tennessee Board of Architectural and Engineering Examiners Requirements
- Programs/Software listed in Requirements section with proficiency rated at beginner, intermediate, or advanced.