Public Safety Dispatcher
Metro Nashville Airport Authority
Legal , Security
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Public Safety Dispatcher is responsible for performing airport surveillance, monitoring access, receiving calls, and conducting day to day administrative tasks in the Nashville International Airport's 24-hour Airport Communications Center.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Monitors all radio traffic.
- Uses electronic equipment including the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) and Metro Automated Records Management System (ARMS) to determine vehicle registration, criminal history, warrants, stolen property, gun files, and emergency notifications.
- Dispatches personnel to investigate complaints, security infractions, and reported emergency and medical situations.
- Obtains complete, accurate, and appropriate information from calling party regarding emergency and non-emergency situations and uses this information to write call summaries.
- Assists with on-the-job training for new employees.
- Monitors fire alarm panel, security infractions, severe weather, fuel issues, access control system, and other emergency and non-emergency systems.
- Evaluates and properly classifies initial calls/requests for assistance, and notifies all pertinent personnel as needed.
- Maintains communication throughout emergency situations, including with field units and callers, local emergency and law enforcement departments, airport personnel, and Air Traffic Control (ATC) tower.
- Gives assignments and directions to staff and emergency personnel following established procedures.
- Dispatches Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF) emergency units to an accident scene or aircraft emergencies and saves video footage as required.
- Uses the Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) system, Public Address (PA) system, Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) system, and instant replay recording devices.
- Maintains a daily log of all incidents, via Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) software.
- Keeps abreast to changes in policy, methods, operations, and equipment needs to meet departmental needs.
- Disseminates information via the Automated Emergency Notification System to appropriate notification groups.
- Activates the emergency recall plan when required.
- Disseminates severe weather forecast information to airport tenants.
- Informs appropriate personnel of reported or observed airport/airfield maintenance problems and conditions.
- Summarizes information for broadcasting.
- Utilizes the badging system as necessary and after normal business hours.
- Supports MNAA's commitment to its culture and values, including Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence (RISE).
- Maintains regular and on-time attendance.
- Follows all safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Apply via our website at flynashville.com