Public Safety Manager
Position Description / Responsibilities
Job Title: Event Staff/Security, Part-time
Department: Public Safety
Job Reports to: Public Safety Supervisor
Shift Information: Based on Event Schedule
Brief Overview of Position:
Public Safety Officers will be responsible for securing the building and equipment of the Arena and enforcing access throughout the building. They will maintain order before, during and after events. Public Safety Officers will be assigned to a variety of posts during an event. Examples are guest screening using walk through metal detectors and/or handheld wands, posts securing access to restricted areas of the facility or securing parking facilities for events. Positions may require standing for long periods of time. Specific post assignments are subject to change from event to event. All officers must be able to work any position as needed.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide friendly customer service
- Perform security related functions
- Respond to calls and incidents at the facility
- Verbally answer questions from staff and the public
- Perform other duties as assigned by Public Safety Management
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time and climb stairs
- Must be willing to work in adverse conditions in outside positions when assigned
- Lifting requirements – must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that the pay range for this position is $12.00 - $13.00 per hour.
- 18 Years Old
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Friendly, outgoing personality with a desire to serve the company and public
- Available to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, weekends and some holidays
- Customer service experience
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly with others. Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Must possess valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation
- Previous security experience an asset
- Applicants must pass a background check
- Must have or be able to obtain TN Private Protective Services Unarmed Security Guard license
Apply at link below: