Receptionist & Administrative Assistant (part time)
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
Community & Nonprofit , HR, Office & Administrative Support , Customer Service
Position Description / Responsibilities
As the receptionist and information specialist, this position is the “face or front door” to the Chamber, its members, prospective members, the community, and Chamber affiliates. The receptionist operates a multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and direct callers to appropriate personnel and greets guests. This individual is also responds to basic information inquiries regarding our members and the community and directs tourists/visitors to appropriate resources.
Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Organizes and schedules external meetings for the CEO as directed. Assists in scheduling and coordinating internal meetings among senior staff. May assist senior managers through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication as time allows.
- Answers incoming telephone calls to determine purpose of calls, and forwards callers to appropriate personnel, exhibiting prompt and courteous customer service for the Nashville Area Chamber and Nashville Health Care Council.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, ensures guests sign in, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel to ensure good customer satisfaction and improved community relations.
- Information Services
- Provides customer support for general information questions.
- Monitors info inbox on a daily basis, responds to inquiries or forwards to appropriate team member to respond.
- Assembles resources and compiles lists.
- Conducts web research, assess data collected and determines best path to obtain/provide needed information.
- Has general awareness of Chamber member benefits, upcoming Chamber programs and events.
- Provides guidance to businesses about the Chamber Certificate of Origin program.
- Organizes and schedules external meetings for the CEO as directed. Includes reserving conference space, making restaurant reservations, scheduling to allow adequate travel time, etc.
- Schedules and coordinates internal meetings among senior staff as directed.
- Assists CEO and vice president of administration with Chamber Board of Directors meetings, included but not limited to, securing location for meetings, sending meeting notices and tracking attendance plans, and preparing and copying material for meetings.
- Organizes and books travel arrangements for the CEO. Assists with travel arrangements for other senior staff when able.
- Prepares communication, such as memos, emails and other correspondence on behalf of the CEO.
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc. as required.
- Submits and reconciles CEO’s expense reports.
- Maintains contact lists for the CEO.
- High school diploma required
- Associates degree or higher preferred
- Requires a minimum five years administrative experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrates positive attitude and excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications in particular Office 365, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Multi-line switchboard experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely demonstrating correct grammar.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to complete a wide variety of tasks.
- Flexibility to adjust to new tasks should company or office needs change.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org