Records Analyst 3
Tennessee Secretary of State
Position Description / Responsibilities
Link to job posting
Summary: Responsible for assessing, analyzing, and training client agencies on government records and records management programs.
- Analyze agency RDA needs and assist in determining retention guidelines, compiling supporting documentation, and submitting the application to the PRC.
- Conduct agency assessments to advise client agencies in complying with records, laws, policies, and procedures. Provide technical assistance in preparing for moves, data governance, records destruction, digital imaging and/or microfilming projects.
- Communicate with records officers/coordinators, legal counsel, auditors and/or agency management in developing RDA’s, developing correspondence and records assessment.
- Monitor the RDA submission/application process, prepare routine reports, and assist in the scheduling and set up of the PRC meeting.
- Assist director in creating training and conduct training for client agencies on general records management as well as specific policy instruction.
- Conduct research on records laws, policies, and procedures to stay current on changes in legislation and court cases on both the federal and state level.
- In the event of a disaster, enter dirty areas to recover paper records that may be wet or dirty. Assist in the assessment of the damage to records and assist in the site cleanup or supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary: $40,000 annually plus the State of Tennessee Benefits package.
To apply: Please email your letter of interest and resume to the Division of Human Resources & Organizational Development, email@example.com.