Martha O'Bryan Center
HR, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Martha O'Bryan Center is a creative activist ministry serving over 10,000 clients in Nashville each year through early learning education, youth development, Work Ready job placement, family resource center community/social services East End Prep K-8 charter school, and Explore Community School.
The Recruiter is responsible for creating a positive, seamless talent acquisition process for all internal partners, stakeholders and candidates for MOBC and charter school positions. The Recruiter effectively sources candidates, oversees screening and selection processes, and assists with onboarding new hires.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Conducts full-cycle recruiting for assigned positions.
• Provides guidance and consultation to MOBC and charter school staff regarding effective and successful recruitment strategies
• Partners with hiring managers to determine qualities of an ideal candidate via competency matrixes and interview guides.
• Creates compelling job ads and posts positions that will attract top talent as part of advertising strategies specific to each unique role.
• Sources and screens candidates from a variety of proven recruiting sources
• Communicates and collaborates effectively with hiring managers to expedite the interviewing and selection process.
• Provides follow-up to candidates on recruiting status via phone and email.
• Acts as a liaison with candidates and hiring managers regarding licensing, credentialing and other issues.
• Initiates and monitors pre-hire processes, including reference checks and background screening.
• Partners with hiring managers to ensure plan is in place for a new hire’s first day
• Maintains all candidate data in the applicant tracking system
• Creates a pipeline of qualified candidates in anticipation of future openings
• Determines and implements recruiting best practices.
• Identifies opportunities for improving candidate experience.
• Develops and maintains relationships with universities and other recruitment sources and talent connectors.
• Provides advice, assistance and follow-up on recruiting policies, procedures, and documentation.
• Develops and recommends operating policy and procedural improvements.
• Recommends, develops and maintains human resource data bases and leverage HRIS data for problem solving and planning.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
• Experience independently conducting all aspects of talent acquisition.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Three or more years of related experience.
Martha O'Bryan Center