Recruitment/Placement/Mentor (RPM) Assistant
State of Tennessee
Marketing, Communications & Information Technology
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Tennessee Military Department is currently accepting resumes for the position of Tennessee Volunteer Challenge (TNVCA) Recruitment/Placement/Mentor (RPM) Assistant. Under the direct supervision of the Recruitment/Placement/Mentor Coordinator, performs specialized public relations tasks relative to cadets and mentors. Responsible for the continual recruitment of potential cadets and mentors, training of mentors, cadet orientations, and the building of community coalitions structured to assist in accomplishing the TNVCA overall mission. The selected candidate must be willing to work a flexible schedule when needed, which may include evenings, weekends or additional hours.
Minimum Annual Salary: $28,800
Insurance (Health, Dental, Life, Vision), Annual, Sick and Military Leave, Flexible Benefits Plan, Retirement, Higher Education Fee Waivers Discounts.
For additional benefits: http://www.tn.gov/hr/topic/ben...
Essential Job Duties:
· Actively recruits potential cadets for attendance into the TN Volunteer Challenge Academy. Responds to inquiries from potential applicants, distributes informational brochures and applications. Develops and coordinates informational programs and interviews potential applicants. Assists potential cadets with the completion of application packets, review of applications, and identification of qualified applicants. Travel throughout regions of Tennessee required.
· Coordinates with educational institutions, public and private agencies, and employers in the identification and recruitment of potential cadets and mentors. Establishes community coalitions and coordinates agreements with local and state agencies within the assigned region of responsibility for cadet and mentor recruiting, and placement resources.
· Coordinates the identification and assignment of mentors based upon location, socioeconomic conditions, and overall compatibility. Conducts mentor training relative to the tenets of the mentoring program and duties and responsibilities related thereto, as well as ensures mentors are informed of and adhere to established policies and procedures.
· Establishes and maintains public relations and represents the TN Volunteer Challenge Academy as a valuable community youth outreach program. Schedules, coordinates, and conducts informational programs and oral presentations.
· Performs other duties as required or assigned reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written communications.
· Must be detail oriented and highly organized. Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Must have the ability to work and communicate effectively with peers, superiors, subordinates, agency personnel and the public. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
· Possess a valid state driver’s license
· Employee will undergo an extensive background check. Applicants for this class must be willing to be fingerprinted and must have their fingerprints on file with the Tennessee Military Department; applicants must authorize release on any investigative and criminal records obtained by the Federal Bureau of Investigation to the Tennessee Military Department. The data may be used as part of a review process to evaluate eligibility for continued employment.
· Bachelor’s degree in a social service field OR business administration with course work in marketing, public speaking, mass communication OR four years experience as a recruiter for at risk youth programs as a civilian or military.
How to Apply:
Submit your cover letter and resume detailing your experience in meeting the above requirements
for the TNVCA to: TNVCA.firstname.lastname@example.org
Tennessee Volunteer Challenge Academy
(Subject line should read: Resume for TNVCA RPM Position)