Registered Dental Hygienist
Interfaith Dental Clinic
Nashville and Murfreesboro, TN
Position Description / Responsibilities
Are you looking for a position where you can make a difference in the lives of your patients everyday? Interfaith Dental, a leading nonprofit in the state, is looking for a Registered Dental Hygienist with the passion to serve others. Use your skills and compassion in this innovative environment to help others by providing transformative care in our community. Our team is friendly, and the environment is fast paced with room to grow.
Title: Registered Dental Hygienist
Reports to: Dr. Melissa Meier, Chief Program Officer
Based at: Interfaith Dental Clinic, Nashville, TN and Murfreesboro, TN
Full time position
Experience Required: RDH license, active and in good standing; CPR; minimum 2 years of clinical experience
To effectively treat the patient's preventative and therapeutic oral needs so as to maintain and uphold the mission of Interfaith Dental.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Periodontal evaluations
· Scaling and root planing: Including follow up evaluations to check periodontal status, recommending periodontal referrals w/ staff DDS as needed
· Care of geriatric patients to include complex medical histories and special needs
· Adult and child prophylaxis and fluoride treatments, including silver diamine fluoride, as needed
· Sealant application on adults and children
· Patient education.
· Review medical histories and update as needed.
· Schedule hygiene visits
· Dispense/recommend appropriate treatments and products
· Order hygiene related products as needed
· Train hygiene volunteers and monitor/help them throughout their clinic days.
· Administration of local anesthetic and administration of nitrous oxide if licensed in TN.
Compensation and Benefits: Discussed at interview
Must be proficient in the following:
· Sterilization of instruments and operatory turn over
· X-rays (PAN, FMX, I/O, Digital patient pictures)
· Effective patient communication (finances, txt plans, appts)
· Basic hygiene skills and competencies
· Proficient in dental software programs
o Dentrix Enterprise preferred
· Team player with ability to adapt
All interested candidates should submit a current resume and a cover letter to email@example.com expressing interest in and fit for the position.
The mission of Interfaith Dental Clinic is to create a healthier community by providing transformational oral health care for those experiencing poverty.