North Point Hospitality Group/ Marriott Tri-brand, Nashville
Food & Lodging
Position Description / Responsibilities
Summary: We are caring. We are hosts. We delight. We are professionals. At North Point Hospitality, (NPH), we serve our guests and each other with enthusiasm and warmth. We are dedicated professionals and we reflect the tradition of hospitality excellence. As part of our team, the Sales Coordinator coordinates and administers sales promotions, assists in researching and evaluating sales opportunities; works closely with Sales Managers, clients, other departments, and outside vendors as needed to meet guest needs and ensure an excellent client experience.
- Handles a high volume of customer inquires while ensuring each guest feels taken care of in a professional and friendly manner
- Organizes all billing, charge postings and payments with department clients and vendors
- Communicates with groups regularly to ensure deadlines are met and the cancellation policy is understood
- Provides a warm welcome to groups and acts as the main point of contact; coordinate VIP deliveries and organize welcome reception as appropriate
- Reserves and confirms rooms, meeting space, and banquet space when necessary
- Prepares to move into a Sales Manager once the Coordinator position is mastered.
Professional work environment- may require standing or sitting for extended periods; work on a computer monitor and use of basic office equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift or transfer office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School diploma
- 1-3 years' work experience in a professional environment desired
- Hospitable approach to both internal and external customers
- Organizational skills (priority)
- Ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook; familiar with Microsoft Excel
Sales Coordinator- Marriott Tri-brand, Nashville