Sales Development Representative
Position Description / Responsibilities
Here’s your chance to join a fast-growing company that has been recognized by the Tennessean as a Top Workplace for multiple years. TechnologyAdvice (TA) is an unbiased source of research, reviews, and analysis for 80+ categories of business technology. We help software buyers find the best tools for their business, and in the process, connect software vendors with new customers. That’s where you step in…
WHY IS THIS ROLE IMPORTANT?
The Sales Development Rep’s main objectives are to foster relationships with potential clients and help the sales team exceed revenue targets by creating sales meetings and opportunities. The SDR is often the first point of contact our clients have and will be the first experience the customer has with TA. Using a consultative approach, the Sales Development Rep is to uncover customer needs, introduce TA’s solutions and connect prospective customers with the appropriate Client Strategy Director.
DAY TO DAY:
- Respond, engage, and qualify leads and inquiries
- Exceed daily client engagement goals through phone, email, and social media touches.
- Prospect and find new contacts and accounts
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Create and articulate compelling value propositions around TA offerings
- Collaborate with team members and customer to move deals through the sales process
- Establish effective outreach cadences and cold calling tactics/strategies
- Communicate with customers and coordinate calendars
- Work closely with the Director of Client Strategy to lead sales calls and pass off opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Our ideal candidate has at least one year of professional sales experience, but lots of experience in thinking on his/her feet. We're looking for someone who's hungry to learn and can do so quickly, while also bringing new ideas and creativity to the team. Bonus points if you're technical enough to already know your way around Salesforce, Salesloft, or another CRM platform!
SOME OF THE OTHER THINGS WE'RE LOOKING FOR ARE:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fast learner and passion for sales
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- A confident and determined outlook
- Resilience - the ability to cope with rejection
- Competitive mentality
- Being coachable is a must
To be considered, apply here.