Senior Corporate Compliance Officer
Position Description / Responsibilities
Our Compliance Officer will be responsible for developing, implementing, training and monitoring corporate compliance with all such requirements at all levels of the organization by all employees and others performing services for the Company.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience as a senior compliance professional in the healthcare industry
- Possesses a clear understanding of healthcare law and the ability to conduct advanced research
- Licensed attorney with experience practicing law in law firm or in-house legal department preferred but not required
Development of the Compliance Program
- Develop, implement, revise and update as necessary the Company’s Compliance Program, including Compliance Policies and Procedures.
Training on the Compliance Program
- Oversee the development and completion of training programs for all employees, independent contractors, vendors and other relevant contracting partners regarding both the Code of Ethics and all Compliance Policies and Procedures. This includes tracking the attendance at training sessions.
Implementation of the Compliance Program
- Implement programs and processes as set forth in the Compliance Policies and Procedures.
- Work with Legal, Operations and other functions to assure awareness of legal compliance requirements applicable to the Company’s provision of healthcare and related services; review and make recommendations with respect to the Company’s policies and processes related to such compliance requirements (e.g., state and local law licensing requirements).
Monitoring Status and Progress of the Compliance Program
- Develop an internal audit plan to verify compliance with the Company’s Compliance Policies and Procedures by all employees, at all worksites.
- In consultation with Human Resources, implement disciplinary guidelines regarding the actions that will be taken for violations of the Compliance Policy and Procedures.
- Work with outside counsel in the appropriate self-reporting of any violations of federal, state or local law or regulations by any worker or entity associated with the Company.
Organizational Structure and Function Responsibilities
- Oversee, coordinate and facilitate the coordination of all Compliance Staff to ensure timely and effective implementation of all compliance activities and requirements as described above.
- Coordinate corrective organizational operations as necessary to comply with all relevant federal, state and local laws and regulations, as well as internal Policies and Procedures.
- Work internally with all levels of Management and externally with outside counsel to ensure continued support, development and progression of all compliance efforts described above.
- Prepare, provide and present a quarterly report to the Chief Legal Officer regarding all compliance efforts, including policy revisions, training and compliance issues that have occurred during the prior quarter.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer