Senior DevOps Engineer
Marketing, Communications & Information Technology
Position Description / Responsibilities
Are you looking for a great career with a growing company where you can make an impact and be part of an exciting team? If you are passionate about technology and interested in joining a team of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo, you’ve found the right place. We are looking for people who enjoy creating tools to automate processes and are passionate about finding solutions to difficult problems.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer to join our team. We have an “always learning” culture driven to improve both as individuals and as a team. We are a Scrum-based Agile team that strives to deliver business value quickly. Our ideal candidate must maintain a high level of ownership and see assignments through to completion.
Our technology stack is built using microservice architecture in Python, PHP, and Vue.js. We use MySQL, Redshift, and Redis for data storage. We containerize and deploy with Kubernetes on AWS. We use Concourse for our CI/CD pipeline. We manage our infrastructure using Terraform. You will be responsible for service delivery, reliability, scalability, monitoring, and helping define all of this as immutable infrastructure-as-code.
- Deploy and maintain critical applications on cloud-native microservices architecture
- Design, implement and maintain secure automation solutions for local, development, and production environments
- Increase the sophistication of our alerting and escalation mechanisms
- Manage our continuous integration and delivery pipeline to maximize efficiency
- Implement industry best practices for system hardening and systems monitoring
- Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards, and make recommendations for improvement
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within products when it makes sense
- Continue to keep the lights on (day-to-day administration)
- Help define, document, evolve and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
- Assist the development team in whatever way possible to allow them to be successful
- Have on-call responsibilities in rotation with the engineering team
- Minimum of 4 years experience working in a DevOps Role
- Strong programming skills in one or more scripting languages. Python preferred
- Strong experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with either AWS or GCP
- Experience with CI/CD implementation tools
- Strong experience working with Linux systems
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code concepts
- Excellent time management and planning skills are essential
- Ability to retain and protect confidential material
- Ability to thrive in a reactive environment
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies through self-learning
- Experience managing a large RDBMS like MySQL or Postgres
Please apply using this link: https://technologyadvice.com/c...