Senior Director of Human Resources
Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
Community & Nonprofit
Position Description / Responsibilities
The position is responsible for implementing strategic direction and plans within the company’s donated goods system to ensure Goodwill is maximizing donor and customer acquisition and retention to achieve budgeted goals.
Promote a positive work environment that celebrates our vision, mission and core values in every action and every interaction with co-workers, donors, customers, management and persons served.
- Develop annual operating plans for the donated goods system to ensure the organization is maximizing donated goods acquisition, processing and sales functions to achieve annual financial plan.
- Establish and evaluate Donated Goods Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure that budgetary objectives are met.
- Ensure payroll costs, non-payroll costs and cost of goods sold (COGS) are managed to budget.
- Ensure that stores meet and exceed targeted Donations per Retail Square Foot (DRSP)
- Coordinate efforts among the District Managers to ensure that stores meet and exceed backroom production goals and are partnering with the Operations Training Coaches to create a successful work environment
- Ensure District Managers are reviewing the Voice of the Customer (VOC) research and conducting monthly store audits to verify store managers are executing strategy to company expectations.
- Partner with support services such as Human Resources and Marketing to ensure we operate with a fully staffed and trained workforce, and comply with all applicable policies, procedures and regulations.
- Provide leadership and oversight in evaluating current and future retail store and DEC sites to ensure we are maintaining efficient locations and cost structures.
- Develops systems, processes and tools to ensure teams are equipped to maximize transactions & value.
Donor & Customer Experience
- Coordinate efforts with District Managers and Director of Donations to ensure all stores and DEC sites meet and/or exceed Voice of the Donor and Voice of the Customer targeted goals.
- Work with Marketing & IT to maximize customer traffic, number of transactions & average transaction value.
- Coordinate efforts with District Managers to achieve targeted
- Develop merchandise plan, product mix and store layouts to promote superior customer experience that drives sales.
- Promote a culture that fosters Goodwill Industries of Middle TN’s core values
- Lead Donated Goods management in building highly satisfied and productive teams.
- Guide all performance management activities to include coaching, discipline, Pathway to Excellence (PTE) plans and annual reviews.
- Look for ways to engage mission in Donated Goods operations, including hiring program participants.
- Is knowledgeable of and ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures, as well as legal requirements, at all times.
- Champion for Goodwill Industries of Middle TN’s Vision and Mission statements and model Core Values that drive organization’s culture.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or retail related field preferred.
- Ten years of progressive retail management experience including 10 years experience in a multi-unit management role