Senior HR Director
NPT - Nashville Public Television
HR, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Senior Director of Human Resources is responsible for developing and executing Nashville Public Television’s people strategy, as well as partnering with leadership to reinforce NPT’s organizational culture. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), this position will serve as a thought partner, ensuring the overall management, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function, thus ensuring the organization possesses the people, skills and capabilities to develop and execute the mission of Nashville Public Television. Our ideal team player is a dynamic leader not only in compliance but with experience building a positive & respectful culture of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
- Provides the management of human resources functions; including but not limited to recruitment, diversity, compliance, benefits, total compensation, performance, training, discipline, and organizational development.
- Develops and enforces fair employment practices.
- Regularly reviews opportunities to improve policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Develops and manages human resources, and compensation budgets.
- Conducts investigations and manages the conflict-resolution process for personnel matters.
- Supports managers by recommending best management practices.
- Maintains and increases job satisfaction through new employee onboarding; employee recognition programs and employee exit evaluations.
- Creates a culture of constructive performance coaching; regular and on-going feedback; development opportunities for staff.
- Collaborates with the executive and senior team to develop a corporate strategic plan, long-term station direction and budget.
- Consults with counsel as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge/Skills & Abilities:
Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media. Demonstrated management skills with a commitment to diversity, inclusion and employee development. Have high integrity and accountability with a proven track record of following through on commitments. Effective and proactive communication skills. Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively. Collaborative and works effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team. Current knowledge of state and federal requirements, health care benefits, retirement benefits and HR best practices. Current knowledge of FCC/EEO outreach and reporting compliance. Maintains discretion and confidentiality always. Ability to navigate professionally through personnel and time sensitive matters. Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and Excel.
Education and Experience:
AA/BA/BS degree in related HR or Organizational Development, or equivalent experience. Minimum of five to ten years of human resource management experience. At least one Human Resources Certification preferred: SPHR, PHR and/or SHRM equivalent certifications. Experience using ADP Workforce Now a plus.
Submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources, Attn: HR, Nashville Public Television, 161 Rains Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203; or submit e-mail to email@example.com. Position open until filled.
NPT is an Equal Opportunity Employer