Senior Manager, Latin America Communications
Business & Professional Services , Management
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Senior Manager Communications, BS LA (Bridgestone Latin America) is accountable for leading a significant corporate relations function across all business and functional units within the BS LA region, comprised of operations and presence in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia and Non-Manufacturing Countries (NMCs) of Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Paraguay and Uruguay.
This role is responsible for effectively defining strategies and managing communications pertaining to Bridgestone’s reputation, teammates, operations and businesses in the region. The role will provide strategic communications counsel to the Presidents of the BS LAS and BS LAN businesses and their leadership teams to help them achieve their annual objectives, drive global brand and innovation strategies across the region, and drive business results through strategic media and public sector engagements, and increasing employee engagement.
In this role, the incumbent will work with the appropriate executive sponsors and other leaders to develop communications strategies that inform, engage and persuade employees and support overall business objectives as well as external stakeholders including customers, consumers and investors. Key internal customers for this position are the President of Bridgestone Tire Operations Latin America (BATO LA), President of the BS LAS operation, President of the BS LAN operation, and in-region senior leadership in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica and NMCs. This position will also work with the broader Bridgestone Americas (BSAM) Communications team in Nashville, TN, and will be responsible for alignment to global policies and procedures to ensure regional integration and alignment.
The role will collaborate intensely with business, marketing and functional leadership to develop strategies and tools for engaging a broad range of stakeholders. This position is responsible for budgeting, planning and executing programs and messaging for the enterprise, functions such as Human Resources, Legal, etc., as well as for consumer and commercial products, technologies and services. Additionally, this position will develop and deliver internal outreach events, as well as provide public and media relations support of developments related to the BS LA region.
The Senior Manager Communications BS LA has a broad area of responsibility with Manufacturing and business assets across the BS LA region. The Senior Manager leads a team of public affairs and communications and public relations professionals (leaders and analysts) located in Brazil, Argentina, Mexico and Costa Rica and will manage teammate development; goal setting; budgeting and planning; agencies management; and overall performance. The role will report to the Director, Communications, BSAM in Nashville, and to the President of BS LAS, based in São Paulo – Brazil and the President of Latin America North (BS LAN) based in Mexico City. This role will supervise the communications managers of BS LAS (located in Brazil) and BS LAN (located in Mexico).
The incumbent will be comfortable and capable of providing strategic communications counsel to senior executives and effectively working across multiple organizational boundaries; have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a professional presence and business diplomacy skills; and demonstrated ability to partner with various teams within a large global corporate environment to achieve specific internal and external communications goals.
- Multilingual capabilities required with fluency in English, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- Overall, the role of the Senior Manager Corporate Affairs and Communications BS LA should drive programming that:
- Is tailored to persuade and engage employees;
- Is integrated with enterprise messaging to drive alignment around key business priorities;
- Drives functional and business change agendas; and
- Supports our one Americas voice and the company’s global agenda.
- Oversees all integrated communication activities and initiatives for a key corporate relations function (e.g. media relations) for all BS LA business and/or functional units. This includes accountability and oversight of the strategy, messaging, programs, staff, vendors, budget, delivery vehicles, etc, aligned with BSAM overall goals and strategies.
- Partners with executive management to develop the communications strategy for the company in the region. Accountable for the company’s official media statement.
- Directs critical corporate relations activities and events (e.g. plant openings/closures, crisis management) to ensure effective execution of integrated communication and management of sensitive information.
- Represents BS LA as a spokesperson internally, in the media and in public.
- Manages the budget for corporate relations initiatives for their scope of work.
- Leads and is accountable for a significant communications / public relations function that cuts across all business units.
- Manages a team on an ongoing or project basis, directing resources, establishing plans, and ensuring the quality of the output of the team. May direct the team through subordinate managers.
- Responsible for all performance-related activities, including preparing and delivering performance reviews and any performance-related memos.
- Drives the integration strategic communication planning for community, employee, and corporate relations function, ensuring they are aligned with the overall goals and strategies of Bridgestone Americas.
- Corporate Communications Strategy & Execution: Serve as a strategic communications advisor to the President, BS LAS and President, BS LAN operations and leadership teams; develop an integrated team strategy approach with existing resources and align for efficiency and effectiveness; develop and implement communications strategies that serve to support organizational agendas – both external and internal strategies.
- Special Projects Communications: Act as a key member on the development of special projects such as plant investments/closures or the company’s activation of partnerships like the Olympic Games.
- Team Management: Working with HR, Marketing and other functions, assess and strengthen overall corporate affairs and communications delivery structures in the region. Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
- Internal Communications: Lead an integrated internal communications discipline/protocol that incorporates HR/benefits communications with strategic business information as well for total engagement of employees.
- Media Relations & Strategy: Develop a comprehensive media relations strategy for BS LA.
- Sustainability Programming: Oversee and enhance integrated approaches to Sustainability programming such as sustainability reporting, volunteerism, corporate giving and partnerships, and overall communications of such matters, in alignment with Bridgestone’s corporate social responsibility global commitment.
- Crisis Preparedness: Serve on the Crisis Management Team (CMT) and ensure integrated approach and quick turnaround strategy (from negative to positive) in case of protests or crisis.
- Vendor Management: Manage communications agencies support on PR, digital communications, Sustainability, and related activities, ensuring efficient delivery and strategic alignment with North America & Americas-related efforts and corporate objectives.
- Digital Social Media Coordination: Work in coordination with business marketing and corporate Digital & Social Media in Nashville, teams and agencies, to enhance as possible corporate positioning in social media channels.
- Experience supervising and leading a team, as well as influencing without direct authority across organizational boundaries and expanded geographies.
- Has proven leadership skills with ability to inspire commitment from teams and senior leadership across functions. Strong ability to identify opportunities for synergy across projects and business units.
- Serves as trusted advisor to senior leadership in BS LAS, BS LAN and BATO LA to guide the formation of corporate relations strategies that support the business.
- Self-disciplined, focused leader who can operate successfully remotely and lead globally dispersed team.
- Influences executive management in strategy decisions.
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal, listening, and written).
- Talent for managing and mentoring employees and cultivating a positive culture.
- Comfortable presenting to and interacting with senior leaders.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables.
- Leads the development of effective networks of internal and external relationships.
- Maintains effective working relationship with global counterparts (e.g. Japan) as needed, to ensure awareness and alignment of critical initiatives.
- Serves as company spokesperson and conducts on-air media interviews for large and critical campaigns and outreach events.
- Possesses the negotiation and diplomacy skills required to manage sensitive matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of related work experience in public/corporate affairs, communications, public relations, marketing.
- Knowledge and good relationships established in the BS LA region, especially in the media arena.
- Team leadership and staff development experience; executive consultation and partnerships; proven ability to execute creative and strategic communications public/corporate affairs plans for both internal and external stakeholders; excellent writing, editing and project management skills; internal communications and change management fundamentals; website content creation and social media expertise; experience pitching and developing relationships with traditional and new media.
- Multilingual capabilities required with fluency in English, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.
Apply online at https://bridgestone.wd5.mywork...