Senior Research Analyst
Tennessee Hospital Association
Brentwood, TN (Nashville suburb)
Position Description / Responsibilities
JOB SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of this position is to serve as an expert resource for data analysis and analytics to support THA advocacy efforts and THA member and internal requests for analysis and research.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (listed in order of importance) List your principal accountabilities; identify what you do, what end results you are accountable for, and how you measure your success.
1. The ability to adapt to a changing work environment and meet challenges presented throughout the day.
2. Uses quantitative and qualitative research methods to design, coordinate and conduct research projects and provide meaningful analytics.
3. Identify internal and external data sources best suited to fulfil the requirements of each particular project.
4. Work closely with internal staff to establish data requirements, report/file layouts and query criteria
5. Evaluate resulting data thoroughly.
6. Work with the SVP of Information Services to ensure accuracy of all data released by the association
7. Prepare data for presentation to committees.
8. Validate the appropriateness and accuracy of data analyses and reports.
9. Prepare data reports for hospital and consumer audiences.
10. Must be available in the office during regular office hours.
11. The ability to sit for long periods of time.
12. Must be available for out of town travel approximately 10 percent of the time, be able to drive an automobile and maintain a valid driver’s license.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Represents the organization at various conferences and meetings.
2. Serves as a member of various committees and task forces.
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE: (Positions reporting directly to you, if any, and their areas of responsibility)
GUIDANCE & DIRECTION: (Policies, precedents or procedures that guide your work)
1. Staff must be aware of and follow HIPAA guidelines for working with protected health information
THIS COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE COMPANY DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Educational and Experience Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in statistics, mathematics, econometrics or a closely related field; and at least five years of related experience.
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Relational database design
2. Strong analytical and documentation skills
3. Understanding of SAS and TSQL
4. Strong knowledge of UB-04 claims data (ICD-9, ICD-10, DRG, HCPCS, CPT)
5. Highly proficient in Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint
6. Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently
7. The ability to work effectively in a team
8. Ability to make effective presentations to large groups
9. The ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously
10. The ability to take complex information and present it in understandable formats
11. Strong organizational skills
12. Ability to produce sophisticated and polished charts and reports for varied audience levels
13. Excellent oral and written communications skills
14. Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
15. Ability to organize and coordinate multiple concurrent tasks in a team environment
Please send your resume along with a cover letter by either:
mail: HR, THA, 5201 Virginia Way, Brentwood, TN 37027