Senior Software Engineer (PHP/Vue.js)
Marketing, Communications & Information Technology
Position Description / Responsibilities
Are you looking for a great career with a growing company where you can make an impact and be part of an exciting team? TechnologyAdvice has been on a mission this past year to overhaul its tech stack from a couple monolithic applications to many microservices. We are using Laravel and writing code in PHP/Vue.js with tests in PHPUnit and Dusk along with plans to add Jest. We also have some older Node.js/React applications that still need maintaining and the occasional new feature.
We plan to continue adding more microservices to drive TechnologyAdvice’s lead generation business to the next level. We are looking for a few great software engineers in the Nashville area to join our team, so whether your strengths are specific to backend or frontend, or you consider yourself full-stack, we at least ask that you want to grow into full-stack with us! We have an engineering team that both encourages and challenges each of us to always be growing.
When you’re not creating business-dependent new systems, you will be maintaining or improving both new and existing systems, and possibly playing a game or two of ping-pong. Our ideal candidate must maintain a high level of ownership and see assignments through to completion based on agreed upon deadlines while also working well within a team and individually on projects.
- Writing code according to specifications of technical designs and development tasks
- Hands-on development, testing, debugging and ongoing maintenance of new and existing code (OO-PHP, Vue.js, PostgreSQL/MySQL, JSON)
- Authors and maintains design documentation
- Organizes workload to meet deadlines as assigned by leadership
- Develops working knowledge of company's products and services in order to better understand internal client needs
- Ensures leadership is informed of schedules, timelines, statuses, issues, mitigations and all other information
- Interacts with other key staff members on the design and execution of certain tasks
- Reviews other developers code for quality assurance to maintain best practices
WHY YOU WANT US:
Aside from an outstanding company culture that fosters innovative ideas, teamwork, professional growth, and friendly competition, we offer great benefits. You'll have the chance to work alongside fun, intelligent, and driven folks who believe in what we're doing at TA. Check out our list of benefits:
- Competitive comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401k plan with company match
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible core work hours
- Telecommute/remote work friendly
- Access to the latest technologies, including Slack and Google for Work
- Mac and PC workstations
- Community service opportunities
- Professional development opportunities
- Catered meals 4 days a week
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Team outings & birthday celebrations
- Creative and collaborative office space
- Casual attire
- Free beer Fridays
- Ping pong
TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tennessee, and is dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource in a variety of technology verticals, the company helps buyers improve their businesses and vendors find their customers. Through unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews, TechnologyAdvice provides the insight that buyers need to find the right technology, and the company’s unique demand generation programs help vendors improve product awareness by placing matched solutions in front of qualified technology buyers. We pride ourselves on our rigorous culture focused on growth and success, and we also value each other, transparency, calculated decisions, craving knowledge and challenging mediocrity.
Pre-employment screening required.
- Must be willing to work at the Nashville office
- Excellent programming, testing and debugging skills
- Knowledge of software development, scalable applications and deployment fundamentals
- Knowledge of microservice architecture a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a cohesive team environment
- Experience programming with OO-PHP, Vue.js, PostgreSQL/MySQL, JSON
- Proficient in developing and testing RESTful API’s a plus
- Comfortable navigating Linux servers a plus
- Experience with MVC frameworks. Laravel experience a plus
- Must be prepared to learn new business processes or application nuances very quickly
- PHP 5+ (PHP 7 is a plus)
- Vue.js or very similar
- PostgreSQL or MySQL
In order to be considered for this role, you must apply here.