Senior System Engineer
Network Solutions Group, LLC
Marketing, Communications & Information Technology
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Senior System Engineer (SSE) is responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, performance, and recovery procedures for mission critical servers and associated technologies. The SSE is a technical expert in system administration and will serve as an escalation resource for internal technical staff. This position reports to the President.
The Senior System Engineer (SSE) will install, configure and support various organizations’ computer networks to ensure high network availability to all system users. The SSE will communicate and coordinate all activities to maintain a superior customer experience with active involvement in solution development to advance client productivity and profitability through technology. Your time will be split between onsite client visits, client project work, and remote work from NSG’s office which require Tier 2 & 3 expertise.
· Work on a consulting basis to assist with all aspects of IT infrastructure management including: budgeting, data management, data migration, a systems software, third-party applications software, and security standards for a growing client base in the Greater Nashville area.
· Act as the primary resource for technical escalations from internal staff
· Act as an initial position for Research and Development of new technologies, servers and solutions
· Perform troubleshooting as required and lead problem-solving efforts that may involve outside vendors and other support personnel or organizations
· Implement and support the broadest range of technology, including but not limited to network equipment, servers, SAN, terminals, personal computers, third-party software products, and other server related components
· Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical resources; proactively recommend changes to improve system stability and reliability.
· Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways to take advantage of new technology through research, testing and deployment of new technology.
· Contribute to project planning strategies which include systems analysis, design, implementation and testing.
· Maintain a ticketing system of hours billed with resolution to fulfill company requirements and billing practices.
· Participate in on call support rotation assignments as required
· Document system/environment changes proactively
· Must be able to work independently and clearly understand how to execute the job without being told “what” to do
· Collaborate with the entire NSG technical team to find the best solutions
· Obtain & maintain partner certifications for the benefit of the organization and our partners
· Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Experience Required:
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
· Minimum of 7+ years supporting all aspects of a Microsoft Windows Server environment at a Tier 2 level or higher
· Ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams as well as self-manage with a “get it done” attitude
· Ability to work independently and apply good problem-solving techniques
· Proactively manages resources and priorities workload with ability to multi-task and prioritize a dynamic workload
· Experience developing solutions in multi-user network environments; thorough understanding of how complex interrelated systems affect each other in live technology environments
· Demonstrates broad knowledge of technology and solutions; displays an interest in career development, continual education, and a desire to create and implement innovative solutions.
· Must have reliable transportation to be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work
· Successful completion of a criminal background check
Technical Proficiency with computing hardware and software including:
· Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications (Office 2007-2016)
· Workstation configuration, imaging & standardization
· Networking experience with Citrix, SonicWALL, Aerohive & Cisco such as router, firewall, WAP, switches & PBX
· LAN/WAN Topologies and Troubleshooting
· Multi-platform SAN environments as well as Dell and HP server families including RAID, IDRAC, Firmware Management, OpenManage/SNMP
· VMware vSphere, ESXi, vCenter administration, VCP or comparable certifications preferred
· Cisco PBX/VoIP technologies running from ISR & BE6K platforms; including but not limited to the Unified Communications Suite, Call Manager, Call Manager Express, Call Center Express, Cisco Unity Express – ISR Voice Gateways such as SIP, MGCP and H.323
· Microsoft Server 2003 – 2012r2
· Microsoft Active Directory & Group Policy, DNS/DHCP/WINS/SQL/RRAS/EXCHANGE
· Microsoft SQL Server (2008 - 2014)
· Backup Software, devices and media – Includes but not limited to ShadowProtect, Veeam, vRanger, Bare-metal restore, Offsite storage Cloud Platform Services such as Microsoft Azure and VMWare vCloud Director
Send your resume' and the position for which you are applying to firstname.lastname@example.org