Social Media Intern
Position Description / Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Marketing Coordinator, the Intern develops and implements marketing strategies to gain greater brand awareness for PENCIL and community participation. These strategies will likely be very diverse, but will primarily include social media, videography, storytelling and one-on-one communication.
Some specific recurring tasks will include:
• Assist in the creation of content for all PENCIL channels including social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram), website and Newsletter ensuring broad reach of all pertinent stories while maintaining efficient balance of information vs asks
• Encourage and manage regular interactions and engagements on all social media channels
• Research new marketing techniques and social trends to help advance partnership and volunteer recruitment, recognition and interaction
• Manage the frequent creation of video and photo collateral to give visual representation of PENCIL’s message
• Identify potential partner, student and volunteer stories and capture it in creative writing to help showcase PENCIL’s work
• Support development activities through sponsorship outreach, event preparation, content creation, etc.
• EDUCATION – pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English or related field
• SKILLS –
o Creative with proven ability to problem solve, set and accomplish goals and meet deadlines
o Organized and able to keep accurate and detailed documentation
o Basic computer skills are essential, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and databases, as well as advanced knowledge of current and up-and-coming social media platforms. Familiarity Adobe Suite and video editing is a plus.
o Excellent written and oral communication skills
o Able to work independently and proactively without daily instruction is critical but must display teamwork and conflict resolution skills.
• EXPERIENCE –
o Creating brand awareness via social media, press releases and print materials
o Experience with and interest in creative writing and storytelling.
Do you consider yourself social media savvy? PENCIL is seeking a part-time Social Media Intern whose passion includes sharing impactful stories and investing in the community. The full job description and application process are posted on our website at https://www.pencilforschools.org/jobs/.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to hr@PENCIL615.org. For consideration, all materials must be received by 5:00 PM on Sunday, April 21, 2019.