Marketing, Communications & Information Technology
Position Description / Responsibilities
Are you a natural born leader? Do you enjoy managing a project from start to finish? Do you often see the "big picture"? If you’re shaking your head up and down, continue reading. As a Software Architect, you are the bridge between the software development world and business world. You’ll spend your day leading and mentoring the engineering team, achieving business objectives, and defining the company’s architectural design.
- Design, develop and execute software solutions to address business issues
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to our IT team
- Troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently
- Work closely with a distributed team to prioritize workflow on a daily basis
- Gather user requirements and determine practical technical and non-technical approaches for solving needs, including build versus buy comparisons
- Identify short and long term goals and capabilities that align with needs assessment and how they align with the overall company plan and strategic vision
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Compensation is a combination of base salary plus quarterly profit sharing potential. In addition to the opportunity to grow personally and professionally alongside a driven team, we also offer:
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Weekly career development meetings for your first 60 days
- Bucket list benefit on each work anniversary
- Gym Membership reimbursement
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Professional development opportunities and incentives (book clubs, monthly learning series, Leadership Academy and more!)
- Catered lunches 4 days a week
- Coffee, soda, snacks, ping pong, and beer on Fridays
TechnologyAdvice is dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource in a variety of technology verticals, the company helps buyers improve their businesses and vendors find their customers. Through unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews, TechnologyAdvice provides the insight that buyers need to find the right technology.
Additionally, the company’s unique demand generation programs help vendors improve product awareness by placing matched solutions in front of qualified technology buyers. TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn., and was named to the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in 2014, 2015, 2016, & 2017.
Pre-employment screening required.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a technology leadership role
- Minimum 2 years experience directly managing or leading software engineers
- Proven production experience defining cloud architecture at the enterprise level, showing durability and scalability-focused design and automated cluster management
- Comfortable in navigating Linux servers
- Demonstrated knowledge of security best practices for both systems and data storage
- A self-driven passion to stay up to date with latest best practices, newly released technologies, and security vulnerabilities
- Designing RDBMS and NoSQL including hybrid architectures
- SQL, PHP, Vue.js and other open-source technologies
- Production experience with Amazon Web Services and core product offerings (RDS, Redshift, EC2/ECS, ELB, S3, SNS, SQS, IAM, Route53 and CloudWatch)
- Implementing cloud architectural patterns and concepts such as SOA, Pub/Sub via messaging queues, L1 vs L2 caches, data and service failover, and self-healing design
- HTML and CSS/SCSS
- Developing and testing RESTful API’s
- MVC frameworks like Laravel
For consideration, you must apply here.