Position Description / Responsibilities
Are you looking for a great career with a growing company where you can make an impact and be part of an exciting team? TechnologyAdvice is on a mission to overhaul its tech stack from a few monolithic applications to a modern microservices based architecture. We are currently using PHP/Laravel and Vue.js. We plan to continue adding and expanding our microservices to drive TechnologyAdvice’s lead generation business to the next level.
We are looking for a great mid-level software engineer in the Nashville area to join our team. We have an “always learning” culture driven to improve as both individuals and as a team. If you are interested in being challenged and writing great software TechnologyAdvice may be the right next step in your career. When you’re not creating or maintaining business-critical software systems, you might be in a technical book club, or possibly playing a game or two of ping-pong. We are a Scrum based Agile team that strives to deliver business value quickly. Our ideal candidate must maintain a high level of ownership and see assignments through to completion.
- Building feature complete software solutions to meet User Story requirements
- Hands-on development, testing, debugging and ongoing maintenance of both new and existing code (OO-PHP/Laravel, Vue.js, MySQL, JSON)
- Author and maintain design documentation
- Organize workload to meet deadlines as assigned by leadership
- Develop a working knowledge of the company's products and services in order to better understand internal client needs
- Ensure leadership is informed of schedules, timelines, statuses, issues, mitigations and all other information
- Interact with other key staff members on the design and execution of certain tasks
- Regularly participate in Peer Reviews for quality assurance and to maintain best practices
- Must be willing to work at the Nashville office (2 days work-from-home available after you are up-to-speed)
- Excellent programming, testing and debugging skills
- Experience programming with OO-PHP, Vue.js, MySQL, JSON, Laravel a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a cohesive Agile Scrum team environment
- Ability to learn new business processes or application nuances quickly
- Familiarity with Linux (Bash), Docker, AWS tools, Microservices Architecture Patterns, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment are all a plus
- PHP 5+ (PHP 7 is a plus)
- Vue.js or similar (React, Angular 2+)
To be considered, apply here.