Software Engineer (Web Tech)
Marketing, Communications & Information Technology
Position Description / Responsibilities
Are you looking for a great career with a growing company where you can make an impact and be part of an exciting team? If combining your love for software engineering, passion for the web, and skill with technology sounds like an ideal job for you, you've found the right place!
We are looking for a talented full-stack software engineer to join us in our mission to push our technology to its limits. We have an “always learning” culture driven to improve as both individuals and as a team. If you are interested in being challenged, learning full-stack development, exploring DevOps, then TechnologyAdvice may be the next step in your career.
We are a Scrum-based engineering team focused on web technologies that strives to deliver business value quickly. Our team culture values the ideas and contributions of all members. We trust each other to maintain a high level ownership in our work, and always see things through to completion. We also like to have a bit of fun. When you’re not creating or maintaining business-critical software systems, you might be in a technical book club, participating in a hack-a-thon, or sharing your favorite hobbies over Slack.
You will play a vital role in our business and on our team by utilizing your experience building web-based technologies to propel our business forward. You will be responsible for:
- Participating in our agile development processes
- Building feature-complete software solutions to meet requirements
- Developing, testing, debugging and ongoing maintenance of both new and existing code
- Writing and maintaining design documentation
- Organizing workload to meet deadlines as assigned by leadership
- Interacting with other key staff members on the design and execution of tasks
- Participating in Peer Reviews for quality assurance and best practices
You can expect to operate in the following technologies on a day to day basis:
- Laravel, Vue.js
You are likely a talented programmer with strong problem-solving and communication skills, and experience building web applications with modern PHP frameworks and tools. You also probably have some of the following skills and experience:
- 2+ years of experience building web applications and web services
- Comfortable with object-oriented programming with PHP
- Solid understanding of RESTful web services, and web development trends
- Experience with modern development tools, such as Composer and NPM
- Experience with relational databases, such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and approaches
- Experience with other programming languages such as Java, or Python is a plus
- Experience with modern application frameworks such as Laravel and Vue.js is great
- Experience developing WordPress plugins is highly desirable
Please apply using this link! https://technologyadvice.apply...