Software Engineering Manager
Available for the following locations: Remote | Nashville, TN | Louisville, KY
Marketing, Communications & Information Technology
Position Description / Responsibilities
Hello, We're TechnologyAdvice.
At TechnologyAdvice, we are dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource across hundreds of technology verticals, our unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews help buyers find the right software to grow their business.
TechnologyAdvice has been named as one of the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies four times, as well as inclusion in the Inc Best Workplaces list for 2021. In 2019, TechnologyAdvice received a Nashville Business Journal Small Business Award and was named the Market Mover in the Nashville Chamber’s NEXT Awards. We are also a five-time recipient of the annual Tennessee Top Workplaces awards.
TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn, with a diverse workforce and client base located across the globe. We’re growing and always interested in expanding our team with top talent...make sure to check out our perks and benefits listed below!
As the Engineering Manager, you are a leader that is comfortable managing a team’s activities, coaching direct reports, and collaborating with internal business customers as we develop and enhance the software that powers our business. TechnologyAdvice is a fast-paced company that is growing very quickly. There are enormous opportunities to create technology that will have a massive impact on the business. As a master of both technology and leading people, you will help define and execute on a path to success.
We believe technology is a differentiator and we consistently strive to find the best technologies to make that a reality. We utilize Amazon Web Services, the latest DevOps tooling, top software patterns and frameworks, and whatever else we need to deliver incredible results to our business customers.
Our team is using some of the latest and greatest tech. We have a cutting-edge kubernetes-driven microservice architecture with Laravel, Flask, and Vue as core parts of our stack. Our fast-growing group of software engineers, devops engineers, and data scientists work collaboratively to deliver testable, scalable, and impactful software to drive our company forward. You will lead a Scrum-based Agile team that strives to deliver business value quickly in this environment.
How You'll Contribute…
- Foster a goal-oriented environment with high accountability to move the team forward quickly
- Assist team members with evaluating project requirements, writing understandable code and documentation, and providing feedback on technical direction/architecture
- Lead a team of software engineers with a range of experience levels
- Lead from a position of knowledge and experience
- Create and own processes in your areas of responsibility
- Provide incredible “Hero” level support to your business customers
- Manage multiple projects of various sizes simultaneously
- Ensure your team is fully equipped to do their best work
- Live our Core Values and encourage others to do the same while maintaining a healthy work/life balance
What You Bring…
- At least 1+ years of experience managing in a technical capacity
- 5+ years of experience in technology-focused capacity
- Experience using Agile and/or Scrum methodologies to deliver projects
- Experience with a variety of Engineering tooling from data storage and processing to web applications
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining application features on the backend and frontend
- Ability to build processes and set standards for best practices
- Ability to quickly identify business problems and the changes need to fix them
- Driven self-starter that is eager to learn and quick to contribute in all situations
- PHP / Laravel and Python
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and approaches
- Familiarity with Linux (Bash), Docker, AWS tools, Microservices Architecture Patterns, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment are all a plus
Please apply here: https://technologyadvice.com/c...