Sports Buddies Coordinator
Big Brothers Big Sisters Middle Tennessee
Marketing, Communications & Information Technology
Position Description / Responsibilities
General Job Description:
The primary function of this position is to be responsible for the overall development, implementation, administration, and management of the Sports Buddies Program. This position includes event scheduling, development of and maintenance of collaborative relationships with community partners in sports-related businesses, conducting interviews and match introductions, event planning and execution, and conducting match support for a caseload of up to 55 matches. Must be organized and provide excellent professional customer service and meet quality metrics, outcomes and goals as established by the agency.
· Responsible for the successful launch and operation of the Sports Buddies program; attain projected goals and metrics.
· Serve as partner and liaison between BBBSMT partnerships and the community at large.
· Develop new relationships with sports-related community partners while maintaining existing agency partnerships.
· Collaborate with Development and Community-Based Match Support teams to ensure a working distribution of partners’ resources and activities and a positive collaboration with partners.
· Performs duties in compliance with National standards and BBBSMT policies, procedures and practices.
· Ensure child safety at all times.
· Delivers consistent, effective, and excellent customer service and match support in a respectful manner.
· Plan, organize, and implement Sports Buddies activities and celebrations within approved program and budget parameters.
· Responsible for all aspects of risk management during events and activities.
· Responsible for creating monthly activity schedule including assigned staff and activity capacity. Completes event schedule by the 15###sup/sup### of the previous month for distribution.
· Assists as needed with recruiting and marketing including corporate and community opportunities.
· Provides strong support to families, volunteers, and matches with emphasis on strong relationships through resources, face to face and individual match support.
· Works to match volunteer with the child applicants in a manner that strongly considers all parties’ requests from a cultural, gender, religious, etc. standpoint and that enhances the BBBSC relationship.
· Processes volunteer and child applicants from assignment through matching.
· Facilitates parent child orientations and volunteer trainings as assigned.
· Manage and facilitate group matching sessions, and group match introductions.
· Provides community resources and referrals to all served families expressing need, when possible.
· Maintains written and statistical documentation in a professional and timely manner.
· Identifies those issues (clinical, organizational) which need to be referred to your direct supervisor.
· Assumes other program responsibilities as needed.
· Tuesday-Saturday work schedule with two evenings per week.
· Experience working with diverse stakeholders and developing and maintaining relationships with partner organizations.
· Excellent oral and written communicator.
· Works independently yet able to perform well in team environment.
· Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
· Strong organizational skills and able to focus on details.
· Must have excellent time management skills and able to multi-task and set priorities. Ability to deal effectively with changing job requirements and shifting priorities.
Education or Formal Training:
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field and/or some college with equivalent experience in youth-serving and/or sports-related positions
· CPR/First Aid Certified (able to complete course once hired).
· General knowledge of sports and activity planning.
· Assessment, intake, and strong interviewing skills.
· Experience in effective cross-cultural communications with children and adults to develop and enhance the understanding of the cultural needs of children and their families in relationship to their mentors.
· Public speaking/group training skills.
· Work environment—the work environment; temperature, noise level, inside or outside, or other factors that will affect the person's working conditions while performing the job.
· Physical demands—the physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving.
Big Brothers Big Sisters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position: Full-Time, Exempt
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. Other duties as assigned.
Send cover letter and resume to: Leigh-Ann Treece 1704 Charlotte Ave. Ste 130 Nashville, TN 37203 or firstname.lastname@example.org with “Your Name- Sports Buddies Coordinator” in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Website: http://www.mentorakid.org Fax: (615) 321-5913