Business & Professional Services , Finance & Accounting
Position Description / Responsibilities
People describe you as supportive, driven, and dependable. You are someone that rises to the occasion, takes the initiative, and thrives in an unpredictable environment. You often ask yourself “what can I do to improve this process?” and “how can I be of assistance?”, and you're always on the lookout for that one error that can mean the difference between $100 and $1000!
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- Juggling (no, not literally juggling-- though that would be exciting). You are a master at dealing with competing priorities.
- Accounting and handling numbers. Basically, cash rules everything around you.
- You excel at Excel, you know your way around a pivot table and understand vlookup
- Constantly learning and not being afraid to tackle the unknown!
- Letting nothing slip through the cracks. You pay attention to the little things.
- Being a team player. You are just as eager and willing to do the glamorous tasks as the not-so-glamorous tasks.
- Understanding the balance between transparency and discretion in your work. You are able to handle sensitive and confidential information discreetly and professionally.
DAY TO DAY:
In this role, you're at the helm of multiple departments, businesses, and individuals who are all driving the mission of driving revenue and opportunity for the company. Ensuring those efforts are accounted for and in tip-top shape is critical to our long-term success. That's where you come in! Each day you'll balance your time in the following areas:
- Manage Expenses, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable across multiple businesses
- Work with clients to resolve billing issues and handle payment
- Prepare financial reports for managers and executives
- Work closely with the Financial Controller to assist with various accounting duties
- Audit accounts using data from multiple sources
- Support the rest of the administration team with various tasks as needed
- Assist with data entry and research of financial insights
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent professional experience
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Applied experience with basic accounting principles
- Experience with Google for Work (Sheets, Docs, Drive) is a plus
- Ability to work in the Nashville office
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- 2+ years of professional accounting experience
- Have worked in B2B