STATISTICAL RESEARCH SPECIALIST - 23049
State of Tennessee
Government , Marketing, Communications & Information Technology , Family Services/Human Services/Behavioral Health
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Tennessee Commission on Aging and Disability (“TCAD”) is the designated State Agency on Aging and is mandated to provide leadership relative to aging issues on behalf of older persons in the state. Our mission is to bring together and leverage programs, resources, and organizations to protect and ensure the quality of life and independence of older Tennesseans and adults with disabilities.
Condensed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides statistical information and research to senior management in support of our mission to bring together and leverage programs, resources, and organizations to protect and ensure the quality of life and independence of older Tennesseans and adults with disabilities.
- Analyzing data and information- interprets results of statistical procedures to determine relationships among the data as well as implications of findings.
- Develops methodology pertinent to research projects and applies statistical techniques on collected data to obtain required information.
- Writes reports at an appropriate level of audience understanding which includes explanations, formatting documents for distribution, and reviews reports of staff as needed.
- Expand the availability of relevant data and analysis for agency staff, sub-contractors, Commission members and the General Assembly.
- Provides guidance on grant technicalities, data, and reports to staff as requested.
- Create online resource maps; and
- Prepares weekly social media analytics reports.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree and experience equivalent to three years of professional experience in planning, administering, evaluating, or assessing human service, mental health, public health, or gerontological programs;
Possession of a master's degree in gerontology, gerontological services, human services administration, psychology, public health administration, sociology, or social work AND experience of at least one year of professional experience in planning, administering, evaluating, or assessing human service, mental health, public health, or gerontological programs.
For more information and to apply go to: tn.gov/careers (search 23049)