Sterile Tech, Registered Dental Assistant
Interfaith Dental Clinic
Nashville and Murfreesboro, TN
Position Description / Responsibilities
RDA – Sterilization Tech
Are you looking for a position where you can make a difference in the lives of your patients everyday? Interfaith Dental, a leading nonprofit in the state, is looking for a RDA/Sterilization Tech with the passion to serve others. Use your skills and compassion in this innovative environment to help others by providing transformative care in our community. Our team is friendly, and the environment is fast paced with room to grow.
Job Description—Sterile Tech, Registered Dental Assistant
Candidates for the position should have a positive attitude and hard work ethic. Position requires working in a team environment and attention to detail. Willingness to travel between the Nashville and Murfreesboro clinical locations.
Title: Registered Dental Assistant – Sterilization Tech
Reports to: Dr. Melissa Meier, Chief Program Officer
Based at: Interfaith Dental Clinic, Nashville, TN and Murfreesboro, TN
Full time position
- Perform all aspects of dental sterilization.
- Keep sterilization area clean.
- Process instruments according to IFDC criteria.
- Maintain sterilization inventory
- Pouches, chemicals, cassette tape, etc.
- Clean and maintain autoclaves on regular basis and keep log.
- Put away clean instruments.
- Oil and maintain assistina/quattro.
- Clean filter in hydrim weekly.
- Maintain statims.
- Perform spore test weekly and keep log.
- Update and maintain OSHA/SDS log.
- Track sharps with manifest.
- Change water filters as needed.
- Change traps once per week.
- Maintain lab cases
- Stock all operatories.
- Clean and flip all operatories.
- Learn how to set up rooms when needed.
- Perform end of day closing duties.
- Provide general clinic maintenance
- Put together denture kits as needed
- Check in donations received and give appropriate slip to development.
- Put together new patient folders
- Dental assist on an as needed basis.
- Other Duties as assigned by supervisor
Compensation: Discussed in interview
Experience Required: RDA license, active and in good standing; CPR
All interested candidates should submit a current resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing interest in and fit for the position.
The mission of Interfaith Dental Clinic is to create a healthier community by providing transformational oral health care for those experiencing poverty.