Student Services / Bookkeeper
Nashville Software School
Finance & Accounting
Position Description / Responsibilities
Nashville Software School is a nonprofit focused on providing motivated students who have aptitude the opportunity to learn relevant technology skills. NSS is committed to growing diversity in technology by opening the door to underrepresented groups in tech irrespective of their economic situation. This is a full-time “remote-first” position (40 hours per week) in a lively environment with a high volume of tasks and student/prospect interactions, and will report to the Director of Operations.
- Updating and reconciliation of financial reports between software systems
- Verifying transactions are appropriately entered and classified correctly
- Understanding our invoicing flow; creating and processing invoices
- Reviewing accounts receivable and take action to encourage payments
- Updating, handling and filing of student records from admission to graduation and beyond
- Other administrative tasks as needed
- Experience with Quickbooks and GAAP accounting principles
- Experience with office productivity tools
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and implement systems to accomplish necessary tasks with precision and accuracy
- Problem solving approach/analytical skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Nonprofit experience and/or higher education a plus
- Excellent communication skills; always a student-first approach
- Experience in a collaborative/team environment; ready to step in and help get the job done
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume that speak directly to this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We review applications on a rolling basis and will respond within 5 business days, usually sooner. We look forward to hearing from you!