Systems Analyst / Developer
State of Tennessee
Position Description / Responsibilities
This is a technical position, under the general supervision of the technology coordinator, supporting the business applications used in the Division of Budget. This position is a full-time executive service appointment (not a contracted position) in Nashville, Tennessee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Application Support – Development, maintenance, and operation of applications supporting the business processes in the Budget Division using Microsoft SQL Server integration services (SSIS) and analysis services (SSAS)
- Reporting – Modification of existing reports and development of new reports using Microsoft SQL Server reporting services (SSRS)
- Business Process Review –Participation in the evaluation, design, development, testing, and implementation of technology solutions to support improvements in business processes
- Technical Support – Liaison between end-users and IT support service entities
· A bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or other related curriculum, or a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related curriculum, with an emphasis on information systems
· Experience using Microsoft SQL Server 2012+ including integration services (SSIS), analysis services (SSAS), and reporting services (SSRS).
· Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States (unable to sponsor work visas). Must be willing to relocate to Nashville, if necessary, with no relocation assistance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· One (1) year work experience or more in systems analysis, design, development and implementation of budgeting and financial applications
· Technical Knowledge:
o Experience using .NET framework (version 4.5) including the MVC development modules
o Experience with MDX a plus
o Experience using Visual Studio
o Experience using Microsoft Excel, with an emphasis on Power Pivot and Power BI tools
· Application Knowledge
o Experience in the development and support of large accounting, finance, or budgeting applications
o Proven success in translating user requirements into productive solutions
o Peoplesoft experience a plus
· Communications – Proficient in oral and written communication
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.