Talent Acquisition Lead
Position Description / Responsibilities
Job Title: Accounts Payable Manager
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Compensation: $40,000 to $50,000 depending on experience.
Location: Downtown Nashville, TN
Who are we?
Premier Parking’s culture is based upon on a team-oriented, sleeves-up, promote-from-within people-first foundation. Ryan Chapman, our CEO, started out as a flagger making minimum wage. Since then, we’ve expanded our scope of services beyond the typical self-parking facility management, now including healthcare, hospitality, and remote monitoring services and have a geographic footprint spanning across 14 states.
The accounts payable manager is responsible for managing the company’s high-volume accounts payable process and function. This position directs and oversees the daily management of the accounts payable clerk and processes associated with the payment of invoices, ensuring the accuracy of the entire process as it relates to vendor payment, processing of purchase orders, receiving, invoices and payment of invoices, and communication with field managers. This position ensures company policies and procedures are being adhered to as they pertain to accounts payable.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicates all activities with accounting management team
- Trains and evaluates AP Clerk(s) to enhance their performance, development, and work product.
- Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines
- Manage all vendor responsibilities
- Ensure all negotiated contracts are paid as agreed on
- Manage and complete all projects as assigned to meet deadlines
- Routing invoices to managers for approvals prior to submitting for processing deadlines
- Processing manual checks as needed
- Researching and resolving invoice corrections
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines
- Provides accounting assistance to accounts managers and operations staff
Position Type and Expected Hour of Work
This is a non-exempt, full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, shifts will vary between 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Health insurance, vision and dental insurance, 401k match program, free parking, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, casual Fridays, employee spotlight program, and employee referral bonus.
Required Education and Experience
- At least 3 to 5 years of Accounts Payable experience.
- Previous experience with multi-location, multi-state operations.
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and accounting software
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting accountants, clients, and upper management
- Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on accounting principles
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous AP supervisor or management experience
- Great Plains experience
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended period of time.
- The person in this positions needs to often move about the parking entrance and parking garage of assigned location.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with clients and parking guests who may inquire about our services, parking and visitor information. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
Please send your resume to David Weinstock at firstname.lastname@example.org.